The American Dream is Alive | Teen Ink

The American Dream is Alive

People in today’s world claim that the American dream is slowly going away, I disagree with this statement. The American dream is far from gone, yes the economy might not be at its highest point or the majority of people have debt and loss of value but there are still people who go out into the world and work hard to become successful. People base the American dream too much on a broad spectrum and not enough on an individual standpoint. There are plenty of people in today’s world that aren’t rich, but love the life the live and are happy with everything. The American Dream is what you make it and what you think of it, not how other people want you to see it. Maybe the American dream seems to be fading away due to the lack of happiness in people, and typically those people are the ones who are not happy or satisfied with anything. Everyone’s viewpoint on the dream will always be different. You have people like Rob Gronkowski, a professional football player who just signed a contract for 100 million dollars that is most likely living the dream, and you also have people who work regular 9 to 5 jobs and are just as happy. So making an assumption that the American dream is going away is very inaccurate and is most of the time based off of an individual viewpoint. People should spend less time writing and arguing about how the Dream is going away and get out and make your American dream and make a change.