Drone Laws | Teen Ink

Drone Laws

February 16, 2015
By alex_706 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
alex_706 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

  A very widely debated topic in the US is civilian drone laws, some people think that there should be no aerial vehicles in the sky that are capable of taking photos of anyone at any time, but the other sides say that their should be absolutely no laws against drones. I am a little bit on the side that their should be laws. I will be talking about the effects of drone laws and if their are laws what should they be. I think that their should be some laws but not so many that it is impossible to fly a drone for recreational use, but the people who use drones to spy on people should have laws against them so we can keep our skies clear of illegal drones. The laws on drones should be reasonable and well thought out.

 

There's no denying that drones are becoming very popular and very prevalent  there is proof of this because www.sandiegofreepress.org said “Some estimates claim that anywhere from 7,500 to 30,000 civillian or commercial drones could be flying in the friendly skies in the next decade.” With more drones in the skies their needs to be some laws restricting people from using them with an intent to spy. San Diego free press is a reliable news source because they have conducted a lot of research on the topic.

 

If laws on drones do take affect I think that they should not affect the masses only the people using them with the intent to surveil their is proof of this because www.CNN.com said “Any recreational user can buy a drone from the internet with no training or experince while an aviation expert with hours of training is not allowed to fly the same drone to take pictures of ailing crops or pinpoint infestations.” So this goes on the idea of not affecting the masses. CNN is a very reliable source because they are one of the largest news source in the US.

 

As drones become more intelligent there should be laws to prevent people abusing this technology there is proof of this because www.brookings.edu said “Remotely controlled robots are increasingly cheaper and at times are more capable of sustained flight.” this is something that does not just involve drones technology is advancing faster than most people want it to. brookings is a reliable source because they are a well trusted news source and did a lot of research on the topic.

 

Now that you have read my opinions on drone laws I hope that you have learned more about drones and maybe your opinions have changed on drone laws now tell your friends and family about drone laws and their effects. If you want more news on these topics please go to the websites above.