Cell Phone Radiation | Teen Ink

Cell Phone Radiation

By Jared Stoll BRONZE, Hartland ,Wi, Wisconsin
Jared Stoll BRONZE, Hartland ,Wi, Wisconsin

An issue that is debated is that, can cell phone radiation harm you?  Cell phone phone radiation can not harm you, in general, and you should limit your cell phone usage.

A later  study is that there is no scientific evidence that phone radiation can harm you. Norwegian Institute of Public Health did a 18 year study and looked at 360,000 cell phone users did not find any evidence that the cancer rate went up because people use their cell phones.  The university of South Florida claims that cell phone radiation does not cause brain disorders, it actually prevents them. From the article Cell Phone Waves Excite Brain Cells by Journal of the American Medical Association states that several large, international studies have found no connection between cancer and cell phone use. 2Novella says, that studies haven't found any other health risks from cell phone’s electromagnetic radiation either, and the Article also states that so if there is any risk from cell phones it must be very small. But he says it is important to keep looking for health effects for a technology that's used by so many people, and there still isn't much research on children and cell phones he says. In the article How Cell Phone Radiation Affects Your Cells, states that the radiation from cell phones is too weak to damage your cells or tissues.

Another way to use your phone responsibly is to stop texting and driving is to use your Bluetooth.  In the article Don’t text and drive by the volunteer society of America states that in 2012, 3,328 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driving, compared to 3,360 in 2011 and they also state that 69% of drivers in the United States between the ages of 18-64 have talked on their cell phone while driving most accidents are caused by being distracted behind the wheel. A way to stop texting and driving is to get the ORIGO which is where you put your phone in this slot in your car and once you put your phone in there you can start your car, then you can talk on your phone through Bluetooth but some cars have that built in with their car so I suggest you use it. And they make a Bluetooth earpiece that goes in your ear and you don't look at a screen, it just goes in your ear and it works like a cell phone, but is a lot safer for us in the car.

Another way to use your cell phone is to not use your phone the wrong way which is  stopping cyber bullying and stopping looking up no no pictures.. And if you let your parents check your cell phone , I know now wants their parents to look at their cell phone but they can make sure you are doing the right thing and if you  limit your cell phone usage cyber bullying and looking up no no pictures would go down tremendously.