The Lizard Squad | Teen Ink

The Lizard Squad

January 12, 2015
By nicklopz0629 BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
nicklopz0629 BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The art of hacking is something that has been around for a very long time. Some can master it, some can't. There is a pack of individuals who can master such art. They are known simply as, 'The Lizard Squad'.The Lizard Squad was started by a group of 3 super smart teens with incredible hacking skills. This group has caused system issues worldwide with major conglomerates such as Sony, Microsoft, Play Station Network, PayPal, and Xbox Live.

Over the winter break, all these companies were attacked and project ?les of up and coming technology were stolen. They stole        from PayPal. They also caused an online gaming blackout where all online gaming was shut down for three days. Sony took longer to ?x this issue than the other companies. In addition to their online blackout, Sony discovered the Lizard Squad stole ?les about Sony's upcoming products.

Sony had originally thought that North Korea were the ones who attacked them because of the new
movie that was  released about a bong ago known as "The Interview" where James Franco and Seth Rogen try to assassinate Kim Jong-un who is the president of North Korea who is known to make make threats to Sony, but later on The Lizard Squad said they caused all this and they had posted tweets where they said that they where going to give Sony and Microsoft a holiday surprise.

Also the lizard squad tweeted "I guess Christmas isn't going to be about spending time with family but spending time on their new consoles."

The purpose of this tweet was to tell their followers to get out from behind video game consoles and actually engage in family activities. They made it impossible for teenagers to do that by taking down the online gaming system. 

As I'm looking on google I found out that one of the lizard squad members was arrested and after they arrested him he was interviewed and some of his quotes were "I can't really feel bad. I might have forced a couple of kids to spend their time with their families instead of playing games." And
that backs up what they tweeted a while ago, but the rest of the squad still remain hidden and safe but will Sony and Microsoft be prepared for a next attack, will they ?ght back?