Oil Around the World | Teen Ink

Oil Around the World

January 9, 2015
By AntonioSalorio BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida
AntonioSalorio BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Today in the 21st century oil is a hot commodity for everyone on earth. Especially governments, oil means money and money means a good economy. Today the United States economy is skyrocketing due to a massive oil discovery in Texas and Oklahoma. This discovery holds trillions of barrels of oil. All of this oil creates a lot of tension between the United states and foreign countries that want to boost their economy the same as this oil is doing to the United States.


War could break out across the whole world possibly world war three. This could destroy everyones economy because while everyone is worried about weapons and bombs to win the war and take the oil then advancing their own economies. meanwhile all of the oil has already been used by the United States for the war with planes, cars, and naval ships.


Oil could make people do crazy things. Everyone wants a piece of it for themselves. Building good relationships with these countries will allow the united states to share their oil and protect it. The United States needs to control foreign countries from taking our earned oil.