To the Taliban | Teen Ink

To the Taliban

By Apoorva07 BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
Apoorva07 BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other

This is my response to the Taliban on behalf of the many youth who are enraged by the Peshawar school massacre that happened not less than 48hours ago.

Well done, Taliban, well done. Wherever you are, this is our message to you.

You slaughtered 132 innocent children. You’ve slaughtered the world we strive for; peace.

You think by killing lives you’d get a hold of nations. You are wrong. By killing, you have done the just the opposite.
You’ve enraged us and we are going to fight. We’ll fight for all those beautiful, delicate lives lost- such innocence, their last wishes unfulfilled and huge smiles frozen.
You could not have shown us how much more inhumane you are.

Can’t we see what is happening to us? We are letting a universe of violence, contempt and revenge breed. What has this world come to?

You burned a teacher alive right in front of those young toddlers. You took it as your right to slaughter as the world watches, stunned.

Think about all the other children that were saved. They’ve been scarred; for life.  These scars will haunt them. Think about all the images that’d spring up in their minds at just the thought of the word “school” now. They won’t even glance towards it while passing by. They’ll grip their parents’ hands tighter and shut their eyes away from those nightmares that haunt them.

And you did all this for revenge? What kind of sadistic pleasure can you derive from killing so many lives? Can’t you stop and think about your family? Oh wait. You don’t have a family. If you did, you’d have thought twice before shooting that child, cowering under the desk, right in the head.

What are you fighting for- your religion? I do not think Allah tells you to kill people. I do not think the Quran tells you to stop dancing, smiling and indulging in the fun activities that you are fighting against.

If that is your perception of the Holy Quran, so be it. Follow your beliefs. Why are you imposing them on others? Nobody is stopping you from praying to Allah.
Then what have we done to lose the children of our future?

Taliban, your end is coming. It will be soon and trust me, there isn’t a living soul praying for the better of you.

The child looks up, his arms hugging his knees with tears glistening down his cheeks. He is shot, twice- straight in the head and he slumps to the floor of the classroom. But not before pronouncing the words, “Allah, save me.”

Citizen who rebels

I could not take it anymore. This is a form of grievance to the world.