Change | Teen Ink

Change

Change is a major aspect in everyones life and is a necessary component to keep everything balanced and controlled, while making progress in todays society. Change is needed and is a positive and also negative thing ones life. It can be a controlling and/or a beneficial  thing for people. There are many different types of change and most are inevitable.

Change is a very beneficial thing and can give people new opportunities. Showing an example of this would be how in the lord of the flies Ralph adapted to the new island very well and keeps calm. He makes himself comfortable and begins to think about what he can do to survive. Another character in the lord of the flies is Piggy, he finds Ralph and follows him around talking continuously and seems to freak out over what to  grab and use and what certain things they will need to survive. The book The Lord of The Flies is a very good text showing how change can affect people and it can also show the positive, yet scary things that humans can be forced to do. The text shows how people are in life or death situations and how people will react to this.

The influence of change can be harsh sometimes, maybe even forcing. The many factors of change in the text “metamorphosis” illustrate that change is scary and can even hurt you. The main character in the text is Gregor, he is working as a salesman to help pay off debt that his parents owe to his boss. Gregor wakes up one morning as a huge cockroach. He finds himself coping with his new found change in a horrible way. He is unable to get out of bed, his voice has changed, and he cannot open the door for his parents who are calling him. The change that happened to him was literally over night, and it impacted him in a huge way. His life was complicated greatly by this transformation and so were the lives of his family. Change is shown as negative in this text, causing a great deal of trouble for the main character.

Unlike in the story “metamorphosis” the poem (   ) displays a positive view of change illustrating immigrants who have started a new life. They have moved and found a new life and found a new happiness from their change. The immigrants found a simple life that they could live happily with little worry, they found happiness from their change.