Why Veterans Change People's Lives | Teen Ink

Why Veterans Change People's Lives

By AzulNavarro BRONZE, Hemet, California
AzulNavarro BRONZE, Hemet, California

Every other year on memorial day, I think alot, mostly about all the families who are currently honoring or proably sobbing for the ones they have lost. Or spending the day with fortunate ones who have survived. I remember my father buying this movie called “ Saving private ryan” I honestly thought it was going to be boring and I would fall asleep because im not really into so many war movies. But quickly I started to enjoy and by the end the movie it had really touched me. I cant remember whether it was a true story or not , but I choose to believe it was. The characters in the movie take some risky actions and really make you think all the things that they do to protect us. I was so shocked and moved and every single step they chose to take, but then again theres a reason why we call them the heros of our country.

Valued, veterans and vicious in a way are always looked up on. They are many childrens role models, and some brave hearted children choose to take that amazing move when they grow up. When i was in fifth grade I had a teacher how was very much into the navy and so was her husband. All I remember her saying is how great the navy was and the air force, and she had all of us wanting to do that when we grew up. I remember I knew all the drills and positions I had to take in order to reach where I wanted to be. But soon I realized that I didnt enjoy it and thats not what I wanted to do with my life. I just had a different mind set and I think the reason why I was deeply intrested in doing that is because I thought it would make my teacher proud and my parents. I was wrong. But let me tell you something if I did choose to take that path and really set my mind to it , I would have no shame and proudly say that I was fighting to keep that red and blue, star striped flag still waving.

Becoming a Navy seal, marine, soldier, Veteran, is honestly, truely a brave brave brave career. I dont know where they get the strength from but i admire it so much. They are what I look up to when I tell myself I should have more courage in something. They boost my confidence. I know for a fact that they change someone's life at least every year. Whether it's going to military school or just simply signing up for a training program. You can already say that those are, Americas future Heros.

The endless list of reasons why Veterans are a Huge chunk of this world and why they are so dang important to not only me but to Many people around me is because they make us believe. That you can fight for what you want, achieving you're dreams is just around the Corner. But with sacrifice You will get there. Many of them have unfortunately Passed away by giving there own lives for us. That right there just shows you how much they care.. For us. I will never stop showing my respect to veterans and I will always look at them with loyalty. Even more to the families who lost their loved ones at war because they were brave enough to know what their child/ sibling wanted to do and let them do it. I love America so much, it may sound strange but I really love this country and I'm proud to call myself an American. But Extremely honored to say that Veterans give their lives for us everyday and we honor them in the best way possible. Being a Veteran isn't just  a job or task, it's a goal and honestly a gift.

AzulNavarro BRONZE, Hemet, California
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shame a certain branch or insult anyone. I simply wrote this because I felt like honoring those who deserved to be honored. Keep in mind i'm just a student in high school choosing to write a paper on a topic she truly found important. I by no means, meant to forget a branch or exclude a certain group. I'm not perfect, my paper may have it's flaws and I might get something wrong, but in general i'm attempting to remain loyal and show admiration and appreciation. Please take this into consideration before giving off negative remarks, Thank you and have a wonderful day.

on Dec. 12 2014 at 10:37 am
EasleyCadet500, Easley, South Carolina

Success doesn't come naturally;you must work for it.

Good piece but maybe it would've actually worked if you researched about the real U.S. military. For one, there are four branches, not five- The Coast Guard needs respect too, they are veterans. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk so cut the BS and quit dissing the U.S.C.G. And not everyone in the Navy is a SEAL. (Sea, Air, and Land) They may like to think so but they are not. Navy SEALs(note:lower case 's' as it is not part of the acronym) are the special forces of the Navy. We'll talk after you've read a book on the