When a White Flag is Stained With Bloody Ignorance | Teen Ink

When a White Flag is Stained With Bloody Ignorance

It is not fun talking about my home country being at war, but the reality is that it is inevitable. Ukraine is on the verge of complete corruption and the citizens have been fed lies for way too long. My heart breaks when I hear about cities having no food, shelter, or electricity because the government is too busy “dealing” with “more important issues”. Excuse me, but what is more important than families forced to live in crowded basements and children having to miss school, putting them at least a year behind in education? I swear, the world is gonna need Jesus after this.

Eastern Ukraine is said to have a troubled past with both Western Ukraine and Russia. Although, the war (that is still being fought) has had America AND some European countries involved. For those who have not yet been informed of this madness, I’ll start from the beginning. Initially, Eastern Ukraine got fed up working excessively for Kiev, living in poverty, and miners not getting the proper payment they deserved for all of their labor. Furthermore, on top of the fact that Ukraine has been an underdeveloped country for many years, many plantations and factories were shut down. Consequently, the people went to the capital to protest against the Ukrainian government, but to no avail; the tension at that point was about to erupt into an official war.

If I had a son, I could never allow myself to let him be taken away by the military towards death. After thousands of soldiers died in ignorant turmoil, mothers all over the country protested against the drafting. You go, moms! I’m with you on that one.

An interesting bit of information about to spill out of my infuriated and pathetic mind is the fact that, for a long time, Ukraine was said to be fighting against Russia; what was actually happening is that the enervated citizens of Eastern Ukraine were fighting against Kiev’s army. This makes it a war within Ukraine. How the hell did it take so long to figure this out?

I like to think that there are still people waving a broken flag in the middle of their kitchens, seating solemn civilians down for a cup of comfort and realization. Does it worry anyone that some people already know what the end of the world looks like? I strongly believe that the country will soon be more than an incipient nation, but the flame of devastation, lies, and corruption will never truly be extinguished. Someone get this country a therapist.