The Sugar Of Lies | Teen Ink

The Sugar Of Lies

By JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
46 articles 1 photo 1 comment

She Was So Beautiful In Death It Was A Wonder Why She Was Ever Alive

Sometimes words whispered against skin in the early hours of the morning leave behind nothing but traces of regret. Even the most sincere statements are washed away when day light rises, and just like Cinderella’s ploy the veil of deception falls away to reveal the truth behind the words uttered by the lips of forbidden love. The rising of the sun brings light to the things that can never be, and illuminates them like diamonds in a jeweler’s case that are far too expensive to afford. This temptation simmers deep down in the soul until the red hue of the setting sun releases it to the land of dreams where it haunts the innocents as they fitfully slumber. Even the things believed to be the truth can eat away at the non-believer and create a monster that even the greatest of men could not tame. It is the spark of insanity that lives inside every troubled heart that causes the moon to rise and fall and the tides of time to slow and speed up. Every lie that is told to every foolishly open heart just before golden rays of sun peek out over the horizon is the source of the hope that fuels the decisions of a lesser soul.

The lesson here is never to believe the things that are uttered in the midst of tears and sacrifices. Don’t be fooled by the words spoken out of the lust for a better tomorrow. Never step foot into the desolate pit of false hope, and never fear the ripping sensation of letting go. Nothing can make you stronger that first does not kill you. A thousand lives will be lived and a thousand deaths will be died before the roses of life will bloom and their scent will over-power the human need to move along. Only then will the sugar of lies turn bitter like the truth hidden behind the eyes of the beholder. True happiness even then can never be achieved because it is human nature to want even when we have all we need.

Those who fear abandonment were not made for this world. Each and every moment we are abandoned anew and left only a whisper of the moment before. Time abandons us and takes with it youth and security. Change is evident in everything we do and all there is left in the end is what we hide deep inside ourselves. People will come and go from our lives and the best thing we can do is let them leave. No one truly cares enough to stay and those who do are fragile and gaunt from the effort of it. Relying on others is what creates sorrow in the world. The sweet sting of betrayal can bring giants to their knees and the kiss of false love can serve alongside the kiss of death.
It is the knowledge of these things that sets fear into the hearts of those who were once pure. Knowledge is truly what snuffs out the burning embers of innocence that we are born with and slowly let decay. The less we know the happier we are, but we hide in knowledge because someone once told us that it makes us safe. When we are afraid or injured or lonely we seek information, yet when we are under the illusion of happiness knowledge no longer appeals to us.
We are shallow flippant creatures that work to benefit ourselves and claim that it is for others. We are all selfish in our own ways and we hide them behind smoke and mirrors to let our audience, the world, see what we want them to. The keen eye can see beneath our tricks to what is deep inside and those are the people who choose to live alone. Every man, wealthy or poor, has a skeleton in his closet, though some are hidden better than others. Eventually those ghosts escape to reveal the lies of the past and when all becomes clear the world still turns a blind eye to the things that it doesn’t want to see. In the end we are our own audience and it is what we believe about ourselves and others that truly matters. Everyone else will lie and deceive and abandon and betray us but we will always know the truth that lies deep inside of ourselves. It is those who honor that who will survive.