Dear Mr. President (Elect) | Teen Ink

Dear Mr. President (Elect)

November 11, 2008
By mid_night989 BRONZE, Severn, Maryland
mid_night989 BRONZE, Severn, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear President-Elect Obama,

For the first time in eight years I am actually proud to say that I am an American. For over half of my life I have lived under George W. Bush's administration, and have witnessed the country fall apart. Once a country with a high surplus, we are now under a huge debt that only worsens by the day. I have seen friends and family members suffer, and the hardest part is that I know others are worse off.
I am full of hope for the plans you and your administration have, and I only want for others to feel so too. I don't want to see the thousands of homeless people any more, I'd much rather they had a warm place to stay during the cold winter nights - a home of their own.
As you and your family prepare to move into your new house, please remember those who don’t have a house to move into. Remember those who don’t have their own personal chefs to make every meal for them, and are lucky on the days when they even get a full meal to eat. Remember these people, and help them out so they won’t have to remain living like this forever – help them to get good paying jobs and then help them buy a place to live.
As President, you will have the power to help people live the American dream, don’t the homeless people deserve it too?