Why are Christians fighting Sexual Orientation | Teen Ink

Why are Christians fighting Sexual Orientation

By Kukolulo BRONZE, Valdese, North Carolina
Kukolulo BRONZE, Valdese, North Carolina

‘Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,’ he told me,
‘just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had
the advantages that you’ve had.’ - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Lately in media it seems like everything mentioning Christians has something to do with them attacking Gay rights or homosexuality. Phil Robertson’s statements about homosexuality is one example. This makes me ask a question. Why are Christians fighting gay rights and making it a focus in their lives when they should be witnessing and showing Jesus’ love for everyone. When Jesus came to earth it wasn’t to condemn homosexuality. It was to save every soul that would live on this giant rock.(Gays included) Instead of attacking everyone who says they are gay they should be friendly and not hateful. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20. This verse means that anyone who hates others can’t love God and are FAKERS. These fakers are not the kind of Christians to be around. This is what we call fake Christianity and it is toxic to all who are around it. Rome collapsed shortly after Christianity took over it. Emperor Constantine saw that his people started to believe in this new Jesus that he wanted to know what they knew so he had himself baptized and also his army. The only problem with this is that none of it was sincere and the fake Christianity destroyed that nation. If Christians would stop these attacks on homosexuals they might not be constantly attacked too. And if you are gay know that you won’t go to hell for it. That isn’t how it works. Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9. Remember that the topic of sexual orientation is not the main focus. Yes it is wrong in the eyes of the lord but Christians make mistakes too. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

The topic became a question I asked myself alot recently. Thought I might share this information