We are happier than our forefathers! | Teen Ink

We are happier than our forefathers!

By AmberC SILVER, Sydney, Other
AmberC SILVER, Sydney, Other

Happiness comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open. Happiness is about perception. Today my freedom, my rights, my comfortable environment makes me happy, satisfied and content.

Isn’t the very fact that we have a much longer life to enjoy our freedom a source of happiness? Modern medicine has improved longevity from a mere 45 years to 70! Many children perished before the age of 5, a happy childhood for them was a distant dream. Those days are mercifully long gone. Diseases that crippled world populations a few score years ago are no longer a threat to mankind.
Inventions, Technology! Some may say claim that we’re being sucked into a black hole of technological gadgets that ensnares our very soul and captivates our being. Honestly we’d be lying if we said that such inventions haven’t made our life comfortable.
Nearly every villager now has a water tap, electricity, a telephone and a roof over their heads. Their children have access to education and hence, a dream. The standard of living of every individual has steeply risen. Every man now has more to his life than simply ‘work and earn’, he has the incentive to hope for a better, future. And through hard work and perseverance all his dreams now seem achievable.
Gone are the days where man was his limited by his caste. Gone are the days where he was forced to carry on his forefather’s profession. Gone are the days where he couldn’t dream of life outside of his village. Where man resigned himself to his fate..
Isn’t happiness about ‘physical and mental well being’ ?
The 21st century brought in HOPE. It brought in hope for advancement and hope for an improved life. It brought in hope for every boy and every girl for a bright, prosperous and happy future. The light in every man burns brighter than ever before. To improve himself and progress because now there is hope and hope brings happiness.

on Nov. 17 2016 at 1:39 pm
For me we are more happier than our forefathers, because nowadays there is no more cases of human sacrifices to the gods and to the goddess, no more killing of twins especially place like Nigeria. .. Thanks

uttam yadav said...
on Oct. 17 2016 at 6:34 pm
In my opinion we are happier than our forefathers because now-a-days we have many technologies so that we can make comfortable our life and also greatfullness and we can achieve everything like what ever u want but if we talk about earlier time then our ancestors had have no technologies ,no facilities ,no school

uttam yadav said...
on Oct. 17 2016 at 6:34 pm

sunil mondal said...
on Apr. 25 2016 at 4:22 am
a very nice article which gave me many ideas to write an speech on this topic .I really loved it. Thanks

on Jul. 5 2015 at 7:37 pm
ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

It kinda says that no matter how we define ourselves with either words or actions we are still similar just by being human... I'm actually not entirely sure how I intended this to sound...

on Aug. 28 2014 at 8:54 am
Awesome, I love it really cool.