The prison from hell: Guantanamo Bay. | Teen Ink

The prison from hell: Guantanamo Bay.

By D.Rose BRONZE, Centerville, Massachusetts
D.Rose BRONZE, Centerville, Massachusetts

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." Plato

"Just watched that Mos Def Guantanamo Bay thing. For those that don't know, Guantanamo Bay inmates are on hunger strike for Ramadan. And the Officers in Guantanamo are force feeding the inmates. By medical procedure, a very painful producer. A hell no man, no matter what crime he may have committed, should endure. Also, on top of that, it's TWICE a day, AND it last two hours. Mos Def, volunteered to have this procedure done on him. That man couldn't last 3 minutes without screaming stop. He even broke down after. This treatment of fellow man should be abolished. No matter what.. Now think about this, the "What if it happened to you?" theory is completely right way to think. What if we strapped down one GOV. Official, Did this to him, and see if his god damned state of mind changes about this. This is truly inexpiable way to treat fellow HUMAN. There needs to be a change. And it better be quick." This is a quote i said yesterday. I hope someone with half a brain cell in office gets the message. I thought this country was built on fair treatment for anyone, no matter what race/culture/religion etc. So shouldn't Punishment be the same? If they can't eat because of their religion, then let them..