Is cloning animals for pets right? | Teen Ink

Is cloning animals for pets right?

Is it right to clone animals for pets? No it is not, but yet in still people have been doing that and/ or trying to clone animals for quite some time. When someone’s pet dies, the owner wants their pet back they now have the option of get their pets’ genetic materials copied and have the pet cloned. They end up getting their pet back but is it really THEIR pet? A pet is unique and special just as the people close to us are. Would you clone a human? No, so then why are people cloning animals? There are many reasons why I am against cloning pets including that we aren’t God so we need to stop trying to act like it, few animals that get cloned survive, and nature needs to work the way it does best, naturally.

When God made the Earth He made it so that everything dies (that is after Adam and Eve ate from the tree of life). God makes everything in His time and because He sees fit that they need to be in existence. People don’t need to try to play His part because He didn’t give us that role. Human curiosity has driven us to things that are ethnically wrong and things that shouldn’t be done. Why are we trying to be the Creator? Has He assigned us the job that He does?

Of the many animals that are cloned few actually survive long. This is because when the genetic material is copied it is that of a grown animal and not that of a young animal so the animal dies faster. Basically you are bringing the animal back from the dead with all its diseases, sicknesses, and disorders. Of the “277 cloned embryos [that] were implanted, only 13 pregnancies resulted, and only 1 animal was born successfully: Dolly, the now infamous sheep” (EndAnimalCloning.com). If the success rate of the cloned animals is so low than why are we still trying to clone animals? It is animal cruelty.

Nature is nature because it works naturally. So then isn’t cloning animals messing up the system? The circle of life isn’t just a song in the Lion King it is the natural process that life goes through. At conception life of all things starts and that same life ends at death. Cloning an animal is like going to see the Lion King play and as you watch one of the dancers in the circle of life forgets the choreography and starts messing up. Does he go unnoticed or does he throw the whole routine off? It is the same as in a balance scale if you add something to one side that shouldn’t be there the whole scale is unbalanced not just that one side. It is the same as cloning animals the whole routine is messed up and the scale is unbalanced.

Cloning animals is, simply put, wrong. God is the Creator not us, killing animals is not helping anyone, and nature needs to do its job without any interfering. Cloning animals is animal cruelty. It should be stopped before many more cloned animals die. The only people who can stop it are us! So what are you doing that is more important than ending the cruelty?

I just feel that cloning animals is wrong and should be stopped.

hknmst said...
on Jul. 4 2015 at 4:18 am
The problem is, I don't believe in any form of deity like many other people, so what you wrote makes no sense at all to me.