Conservative | Teen Ink

Conservative

By Shanice Garcia BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Shanice Garcia BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

If you believe in gun control, you believe in big government. I think we should have guns to protect ourselves. The liberals believe the government is supposed to protect the people, but conservatives say we have the right to protect ourselves. I believe we should negate gun control. I believe no one can take our “right to bear arms” away. The government can become a tyrant. Finally, gun control does not strengthen but weakens our government.

Our right to bear arms does not come from the government. The “Right to Bear Arms” says, “All rights come from God and are inalienable, which means they cannot be taken away.1” Therefore no one can veto our natural rights. Rights are what inspire people to love America.

We need guns to protect ourselves from tyranny. The government could try to take our right to bear arms away. The government will tell us what we can and cannot do in life. We will not be able to say no because we will not have guns to fight back for our rights.

Gun control does not create a utopia because criminals will still get guns even if guns are illegal. For example, drugs were illegal but many people ended up getting them. Both will be illegal, but criminals and gang members will have a higher chance of getting them because they get them on the down low, which means innocent people will have a greater chance of getting injured. Chicago has gun control. The NBC News says, “Chicago has strict laws on guns, but the highest crime rate.2” This proves that gun control will only create a dystopia.

The liberals think that the second amendment changed before, so it can change today for the better. On the other hand, conservatives say that the second amendment protects our rights to bear arms. Why give our right away when people fought for them.
1=www.garymcleod.org.3-14-13. “The Right to Bear Arms”
2=NBC News Brain Williams “Gun Control”

All the talk about gun control because there is to much gun related violence

on Apr. 1 2013 at 12:21 pm
Doctorbug BRONZE, Washington Island, Wisconsin

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."` Isaiah 26:3

One of the reasons the enemies of the USA don't invade us isn't necessarily because of our military, but the fact that they will face an American with a gun every step of the way.   The reason our government does not make laws we don't like and tell us what to do, is because we have guns to tell them "hey, just leave me alone, mister!"   Does anyone wonder why there are massacres in "Gun Free Zones" and not on shooting ranges?   Switzerland has a people's militia instead of a military (all citizens between 20-30 have military training and know how to use a gun). Yet this country has a very low crime rate despite all the guns circulating around...hmm.   To conquer a nation, one must first disarm its citizens.   I don't think Switzerland wants to be conquered, lol!   I learned to shoot a rifle at 15 :)   Sorry I'm ranting on your article, Shanice XD But you get a thumbs up from me! You make me feel patriotic again.

on Apr. 1 2013 at 12:20 pm

One of the reasons the enemies of the USA don't invade us isn't necessarily because of our military, but the fact that they will face an American with a gun every step of the way.   The reason our government does not make laws we don't like and tell us what to do, is because we have guns to tell them "hey, just leave me alone, mister!"   Does anyone wonder why there are massacres in "Gun Free Zones" and not on shooting ranges?   Switzerland has a people's militia instead of a military (all citizens between 20-30 have military training and know how to use a gun). Yet this country has a very low crime rate despite all the guns circulating around...hmm.   To conquer a nation, one must first disarm its citizens.   I don't think Switzerland wants to be conquered, lol!   I learned to shoot a rifle at 15 :)   Sorry I'm ranting on your article, Shanice XD But you get a thumbs up from me! You make me feel patriotic again. You might like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwFQU-Ba_w