Barack Obama for President | Teen Ink

Barack Obama for President MAG

By Anonymous

Every time an election rolls around, people want to know what each candidate’s stance is on the issues that are important to them. Now that I can vote, I am much more interested in the ­political race. In deciding which candidate I want to vote for, there are two main issues for me: the econ­omy and education.

These issues are important to me because they ­affect me the most right now. The economy affects everyone, and education is important because I am about to enter college. When I looked at how each candidate views these issues, one man stood out to me, and that is Democratic candidate Barack Obama.

I like all of Senator Obama’s ideas for improving the economy. He wants to bring the troops home from Iraq, thereby saving the $12 billon we spend there each and every month. Another point that ­Obama makes is that the United States’ current ene­rgy policy is hurting the economy. He ­believes that if new energy bills are passed, it will help the U.S. get out of its current economic slump, and I agree. Finally, Obama plans to eliminate millions worth of tax cuts for those who do not need them. With these ideas and strategies, I strongly ­believe that Obama can improve the current state of the economy.

Obama also has a plan to improve education. He believes that we need to start educating children at a young age. His plan, Children’s First Agenda, addresses early education. He also hopes to close the gap of achievement between students, which means improving schools that need help. He wants to pay teachers more and treat them like professionals, but in exchange he calls for higher accountability.

Obama also has a plan to make ­college more ­affordable. He wants public colleges to be free for students who maintain a “B” average during high school. And he plans to give a $4,000 tax credit for college and university students who complete 100 hours of community service each year. I believe these ideas to improve education are top-notch and will help many students in the United States.

Obama has many good ideas relating to the issues I care about, and I like what he has to say. Therefore, there is no longer any doubt in my mind who will be receiving my vote: Barack Obama.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 70 comments.


Duby45 said...
on May. 15 2013 at 10:38 am
ALL OF Y'ALL ARE Ratchet!! Probly got folky stain in yo underwear too. SHADOMINIQUA JONES 4 President! On da blood.

on Feb. 4 2013 at 2:44 pm
CDHLegend BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments
Thank you!

on Feb. 4 2013 at 2:43 pm
CDHLegend BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments
I may just be a kid, but I believe that our president is steering our country in the right direction.

CammyS SILVER said...
on Oct. 30 2012 at 6:58 am
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska
5 articles 0 photos 188 comments

Favorite Quote:
No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

I (and this may be wrong)  am of the impression that that debt would have been a lot higher if Obama hadn't taken the steps that needed to be taken to clean up the economical mess that President Bush left behind. I feel like Obama has been blamed for what Presidnet Bush had done in his term, because the affects of Bush's desicions had not fully resonated until Obama's term began.

CammyS SILVER said...
on Oct. 30 2012 at 6:58 am
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska
5 articles 0 photos 188 comments

Favorite Quote:
No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

I (and this may be wrong)  am of the impression that that debt would have been a lot higher if Obama hadn't taken the steps that needed to be taken to clean up the economical mess that President Bush left behind. I feel like Obama has been blamed for what Presidnet Bush had done in his term, because the affects of Bush's desicions had not fully resonated until Obama's term began.

torren said...
on Oct. 29 2012 at 11:08 pm
lol Go Obama

badgrl said...
on Oct. 22 2012 at 3:09 pm
JoCoGirl i strongly disagree with you!! in order for obama to do something about it has to go threw congress and all these people first in order to do something about it you should research it!! 

on Jul. 13 2012 at 1:04 pm
Desmothenes Locke GOLD, Cresskill, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 21 comments
I understand that you agree with Obama's ideas. I felt that way at first, but then I realized something. President Obama has been creating debt his whole term. In his first two years in office, he created more debt than Bush did in 8. He preaches his almighty "buffet rule". You have to understand that the people making just a bit over 250k are really struggling because of it. The people making million+ aren't really affected at all. Basically Obama is making life much more difficult for people making a bit more over 250k. Also, Obama paints himself as a crusader against the big banks and corporations. The hilarious thing is that on the same day he gave a speech against the banks and corporations, he went to a 30k fundraiser with people from those corporations. He has also proven that he is unable to make logical decisions. Why would he promise to close Guantimino Bay in the first place? He should have known that it is a necessary evil for containing our most dangerous adversaries. Also, Obama promised to not raise taxes on the middle class. Obamacare is a tax. It has been ruled a tax, and it is certaintly not a penalty. I myself dont disagree with the concept of it, but for him to go against his word shows his lack of conviction. President Obama has great charisma, and has the face of a leader. He lacks necessary leadership to face the problems of our country.

on Jun. 28 2012 at 5:44 pm
swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia
13 articles 17 photos 102 comments

Favorite Quote:
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I can't say whether or not I completely agree with voting Obama into a second term based on the fact that I have not researched his or any other candidate's political campaign, but I would like to say to all of the people commenting about things they know nothing about, unless you have researched the campaigns and can honestly say that you know what you are talking about, then don't act like you do. It's ignorant people like you who cause worldwide issues about discrimination and who cause society to be the stereotypical society it is today. Just think about it before you begin to write hateful things about Obama; he is a person too. Even if you have researched it, you still should be polite and organized with your opinion. You may not like his ideas, but that doesn't justify the fact that you are bad mouthing a person you have never even met. That's all that I have to say.

on Apr. 23 2012 at 3:15 pm
PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY SCHOOLROCKS 

on Mar. 22 2012 at 3:23 pm
lizzykitty GOLD, Manassas, Virginia
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28, KJV

Vote for Obama, and you are voting to destroy our country. Obama has only decieved and hurt our country... what good has he done our country yet?

on Mar. 15 2012 at 6:28 pm
JakeRyan221 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Offend the mind to expose the heart"

someone tell me if they still agree with him EVEN THOUGH he doubled our accumulated debt IN ONE TERM!!! 

Pink said...
on Mar. 6 2012 at 2:59 pm
what has it meant to you to have President Obama as the First African American President

devonchick said...
on Feb. 24 2012 at 9:42 pm
i totally agree with you! very well writen! great piece!

on Feb. 2 2012 at 9:15 pm
BuddyJiles BRONZE, Mount Gretna, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments
What is wrong with socialism?

Fluffy2772 said...
on Jul. 12 2011 at 1:48 am
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Do you know anything about obama care? It is extremely underfunded. How is an underfunded program racking up huge amounts of debt? 

And really, choosing a side based on pro life or pro choice is pathetic. There are so many more important issues right now.


firelily123 said...
on Jun. 20 2011 at 2:39 pm
Obama is pro choice which is horrible! He spends so much of goverment money on Obama Care and that is NOT helping the TRILLIONS of dollars in the debt the US is in!!!!!!!!!!!

Archy said...
on May. 7 2011 at 7:10 pm
Archy, Honolulu, Hawaii
0 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone"
~Robin Williams

honestly hed do better than Sarah Palin. As long as she doesnt become President, which she will have a hard time doing, we are fine.

xxrenegadexx said...
on Apr. 11 2011 at 6:43 pm
xxrenegadexx, Coventry, Connecticut
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about real life is, when you do something stupid, it normally costs you. In books the heroes can make as many mistakes as they like. It doesn't matter what they do, because everything works out in the end. They'll beat the bad guys and put things right and everything ends up cool.
In real life, vacuum cleaners kill spiders. If you cross a busy road without looking, you get whacked by a car. If you fall from a tree, you break some bones.
Real life's nasty. It's cruel. It doesn't care about heroes and happy endings and the way things should be. In real life, bad things happen. People die. Fights are lost. Evil often wins.
I just wanted to make that clear before I begun." ~Cirque Du Freak Prologue

I cant wait until 2012, when hopefully Herman Cain will be on the ballot. Im curious to see whether it'll affect votes at all considering he's black, and a Republican also. Maybe race did play a big role in the election. If so, we're in luck my friend. :)

xxrenegadexx said...
on Apr. 11 2011 at 6:34 pm
xxrenegadexx, Coventry, Connecticut
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about real life is, when you do something stupid, it normally costs you. In books the heroes can make as many mistakes as they like. It doesn't matter what they do, because everything works out in the end. They'll beat the bad guys and put things right and everything ends up cool.
In real life, vacuum cleaners kill spiders. If you cross a busy road without looking, you get whacked by a car. If you fall from a tree, you break some bones.
Real life's nasty. It's cruel. It doesn't care about heroes and happy endings and the way things should be. In real life, bad things happen. People die. Fights are lost. Evil often wins.
I just wanted to make that clear before I begun." ~Cirque Du Freak Prologue

i would cry if that happened..within the next 3 years lmao