What is wrong with the world? | Teen Ink

What is wrong with the world?

By SheaLB GOLD, Senatobia, Mississippi
SheaLB GOLD, Senatobia, Mississippi

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, and sit back to watch while the world try to figure out how you did it.

What is wrong with the world lately? Through the past few years, more people have died in car accidents, over-dose, random shootings, not to mention crimes of every kind. We could pass it off as people being stupid and doing stupid things because "the world was ending". But we can't pass it off now. Obviously, the world did not end in 2012. I am simply stating a fact when I say that they would have done those stupid things even if the world wasn't supposedly ending. And now, we are fighting gun laws for the wrong reasons. The government cannot take our guns; they merely mean to have better back ground checks. I believe there SHOULD be a more strict back ground check for people wanting to purchase guns. We, as a people, do not need military grade guns; they should be taken off the market of the open public. We shouldn't have to fear us, or our younger siblings, or cousins, our nieces and nephews, or even our future children going to school because a few people don't need to be around weapons in the first place. I, personally, don't want to worry about twenty years from now, sending my kids to school and worrying about if someone will go to their school and shoot it up. This may seem disrespectful, but if you can see that something is wrong with someone, then don't allow them near weapons! It's that simple! But the NRA, who have less members than the population of Mississippi, want to keep the new gun laws from happening. I assume, against my better judgement on assuming, that the head of the NRA doesn't have children or grandchildren to worry about sending to a school that could get shot up. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM! DON'T PASS IT OFF AS ONLY A FEW PEOPLE! The NRA made a commercial asking if the president's kids were more important than anyone else's, because they are sent to school with guards, and the rest of us aren't. Of course they go to school with guards! They're the president's kids! If they were kidnapped, then he would have to step aside. His kids are always in danger of being hurt, or kidnapped and used as leverage against the country until his last day as president. My parents understand that, but that doesn't mean they value the president's kids over me or my sister. If they could send me to school with guards, they would. But most people in this country cannot afford to send their kids to school with guards. My belief is that, if we just pass certain laws: asking for a stricter back ground search; a mental exam; and a cooling off period, of about three to five days; then we would probably have less problems with death and schools being shot up.

Okay, so I had to rant about this. These arguments are really starting to annoy me and I'm tired of holding it all in. So, I put my rant on here. If you agree, or disagree, please comment and let me know your thoughts on the subject.

SheaLB GOLD said...
on Mar. 7 2013 at 10:09 am
SheaLB GOLD, Senatobia, Mississippi

Thanks so much. :) It's a natural thing... kind of helps that I'm crazy and have a lot of built of frustration that I can't normally rant about.

FlannelSkin PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

“If faces are different when lit from above or below – what is a face? What is anything?" - William Golding, "Lord of the Flies"

I think you have the right kind of angst.