Being Happy Just Like You | Teen Ink

Being Happy Just Like You

January 7, 2013
By lexijayde BRONZE, Wilmington, Vermont
lexijayde BRONZE, Wilmington, Vermont
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As of 2013 there are thirty states that have banned same-sex marriage. Only nine states allow same-sex marriage. Why are so many people against it? Why is it such a bad thing to marry the person you love no matter what their sex is?
I grew up with my aunt being gay and dating girls. When she finally wanted to get married to one shouldn’t. Shouldn’t get married to the one person that made her happy. Why? Because they are the same-sex. They had to wait for some law to get passed then they could get married. They had to wait to get married to each other even though they love each other just as much as everyone else maybe even more. They had to wait to marry their best friend.
The bible says that a man and woman are supposed to marry not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. I understand that but why make it so the people that love each other cant get married. Just imagine if you were so in love with someone and you find out that you can get married to him or her because you guys are the same sex. Is that really going to stop you guys from being together? I don’t think so. Being with the person you love is what should be okay, even if they are the same sex.
Nine states have made it legal to marry the same-sex. They have fought hard for what they want and they got it. A lot of people don’t think its right but there are a lot more people that think its okay. They are different because they want to get married to the same-sex. They just want to be happy. Being happy is all that matters.
You cant choose who you fall in love with. You can’t choose what sex they are. You can’t change your feelings and just because you can’t get married to the same sex isn’t going to stop you from being with someone of same sex.
You can say its wrong but is it really wrong? Just stop and think about it. Is it wrong to be with the person that makes you happy? Is it wrong to be with your best friend, the one you can tell everything to? Just think about not being able to be with your other half. Next time you go walking around and want to judge gay couples, try not to because you know deep down that they are happy just like you.