Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

MTC18 said...
yesterday at 1:01 pm:
Israel does deserve to exist they had their land taken from them along time ago and got it back so why dont they desrve to exist again im curious on your point of view.

Deeeeeeee said...
Jun. 9 at 5:36 pm:
I do believe American should help Israel. It'd be very noble of America, i feel that if America doesn't stand with Israel, but worse reject Israel, I don't think America would stand for long. Honestly.

GrimReaperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 10 at 9:54 am:
Your line in the last paragraph "Can you imagine everyday people are worrying tha a rocket will fall on their roofs?" sparked criticism amoung me and my friends. The first thing we said was "This is not the only place in the world where this is happening". You want proof? Look up a country called Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. The US may have forces in one of these countries, but the people there are also living in fear of death everyday, and by their own people as well. I... (more »)

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 10 at 6:42 pm :
First you addmitted that Israel is under constant danger, and then you said that Israel has no right to exist without backing up your point. I can't respond to such a flawed argument. 

WaldenWalters said...
Mar. 30 at 3:16 pm:
Here is the stat: ifamericansknew.org/stat/children.html For individual names: rememberthesechildren.org/remember2000.html

Jun. 13 at 7:11 pm :
Dear WaldenWalters, Thank you for comment again.  With regards to Palestinian and Israeli casualties, you should keep in mind that Hamas used children and the elderly as human shields (frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/hamas-interior-minister-boasts-of-using-elderly-and-children-as-human-shields/). And, though the IDF tries to prevent the loss of civilian life as much as possible (cafebabel.co.uk/arirusila/article/minimizing-collateral-damage-in-gaza-conflict.html), it must fulfill its ... (more »)

WaldenWalters said...
Mar. 29 at 2:59 pm:
I think you most definitely did some reasearch when writing this, but I think you should take some time to look at both sides. For example "129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,523 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000". If you looked at facts like that then perhaps you wouldn't be as ready to support Israel. I would ask that you reconsider your argument and that you should think to yourself, maybe the U.S. ... (more »)

Mar. 29 at 11:02 pm :
Dear WaldenWalters, I appreciate your comment and the respectful manner (unlike some other users) in which you wrote it. I would be happy to respond to your comment if you provided me with the source of the quote on killed Israeli and Palestinian children.

browsinginabrowser said...
Jan. 19 at 11:07 pm:
While very passionate, this article seems to operate on the assumption that the US is not helping Israel.  The US has been donating 3 billion dollars of aid to Israel annually, and Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of aid from the US since World War II.  Plus, it's not like the country is in the straits of poverty (based on average income, economy, etc.) 

Kukolulo said...
Yes it's true that Israel isn't entirely innocent. Countries makes mistakes. Even america or where ever you are from. No one is perfect but that doesn't mean we should turn our backs on our allies just because we are getting tired of doing so. I think we should keep trying our best to help Israel.

Kukolulo said...
My Dad is a Pastor and when I asked About why weare even helping them he said the exact same thing as you did. I completely agree

Bones96 said...
Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:42 am:
I'd like to give you some constructive cristism.  You obviously didn't do enough reasearch before writing this article. Plainly seen by the lack of stated fact and proving them. This was one sided you didn't pose an counter weight to your argument making it weak. It honestly makes you look close minded.  You stated that America is a rich and powerful contury. That is an exanderation America maybe influential but you are ignoring the amout of debt we're in. I'm... (more »)

Teddy101 said...
Well, you should read the real history behind this war. There is no anti-semitism. Israel made up the story. They use the issue to war against Palestine.

Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 am :
Do you also deny the Holocaust?

Sarahf said...
Great! I agree with you! FINALLY! My professor keeps talking about how she could care less about Israel, and it makes me so angry! People can be so naive! 

JustinNelson replied...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm :
What! You have a non-warmongering professor? I thought they were extinct! Well anyways I would give my arm to have a teacher like that. Do you even understand what's going on in Israel, would you be willing to go fight and die in the desert for a bunch of bankers that are using the Israeli government and people to steal Palestinian land? And don't tell me that they were there for thousands of years, that's bull after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews became a minority an... (more »)

Mar. 29 at 11:08 pm :
Sarahf, I feel bad that your professor does not care about the only democracy in the Middle East. There is an organization, called Americans for Peace and Tolerance, that protects Jews' and Israel-supporters' rights on college campuses. I hope that's helpful or at least interesting.

Miniterror said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:09 pm:
I must point out a very important reason we should also support and assist Israel. In the Bible, God tells Abraham that he will always protect his descendents, AKA, the people of Israel. He also said that whoever helped Israel would be blessed and that those who were against Israel would be cursed. Ever since the United States started wavering in her loyalty to Israel, our economy has been going downhill.

Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:31 am :
Thank you for your comment. That is very true.

BilbroSwaggins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm:
I think the biggest reason we should help Israel is that there will come a time where the world will see the greatest war ever, and Israel will have the greatest soldier ever... Jesus Christ. So yeah we should be great protectors of Israel, who shall we not forget are God's chosen people.