Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

helloworld500This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 16 at 4:29 pm
You choose to ignore the fact that most of the deaths are Palestinian deaths. And that Palestinians homes were bulldozed by Israelis. And that Israel evidently needs no support in starving Palestine or keeping the upper hand in the fight. And that Britain had no right to give Israel Palestine anyway. AND that Palestinians were happy to live alongside Jews after WW2, but that wasn't an invitation to take over their land! What gives the Israelis the right to that land? They certainly didn'... (more »)

DjakobUnchainedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 14 at 9:44 pm
I disagree sir. Israel is in no danger from Hamas terrorists thanks to it's infinately more powerful military and it's sophisticated defense technology including the Iron Dome which renders Hamas' rockets useless. Israel has the right to protect itself and the right to exist, but it does not have the right to murder defensless civilians and bomb UN schools. Israel has been forced to become a hard and militaristic country because of the  dangers and threats it faced when it was a... (more »)

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 10 at 11:59 am
6 Israeli civilians, including a 4-year-old child, were killed by Hamas rockets from Gaza.

LogicandRain said...
Aug. 15 at 5:24 pm
You do know that Palestine are having their land taken away from them by Israel. The Palestinians were chucked out of their land and forced into the corners. Israel punishes the innocent men women and, sickeningly and most especially, the children of Gaze and the West bank. The Palestinians have their resources controlled by Israel, their movements, their politics, everything. Israel won't stop until Palestine is under their control and the terrorists won't stop until their regime is imp... (more »)

MTC18 said...
Jun. 30 at 1:01 pm
Israel does deserve to exist they had their land taken from them along time ago and got it back so why dont they desrve to exist again im curious on your point of view.

Deeeeeeee said...
Jun. 9 at 5:36 pm
I do believe American should help Israel. It'd be very noble of America, i feel that if America doesn't stand with Israel, but worse reject Israel, I don't think America would stand for long. Honestly.

DjakobUnchainedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 14 at 9:49 pm
You're joking right? America needs Israel? Really?

helloworld500This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 16 at 4:18 pm
More like Israel needs America! Palestine is suffering because of America's support for Israel. Palestine almost became a state a few times, but America used it's veto power in the U.N. to stop that. Seriously, the most powerful country in the world needing Israel. Get real.

Nov. 16 at 6:38 pm
the Palestinians rejected a statehood offer in 1947. The U.S. has vetoed recent Palestine statehood proposals because such a proposal needs to be agreed upon mutually by both Israel and the Palestinians. The U.S. does need Israel because Israel provides a very strategic base for the U.S. in the Middle East (bring the only country that fully cooperates militarily was America).

GrimReaper said...
Apr. 10 at 9:54 am
Your line in the last paragraph "Can you imagine everyday people are worrying tha a rocket will fall on their roofs?" sparked criticism amoung me and my friends. The first thing we said was "This is not the only place in the world where this is happening". You want proof? Look up a country called Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. The US may have forces in one of these countries, but the people there are also living in fear of death everyday, and by their own people as well. I... (more »)

Apr. 10 at 6:42 pm
First you addmitted that Israel is under constant danger, and then you said that Israel has no right to exist without backing up your point. I can't respond to such a flawed argument. 

LogicandRain replied...
Aug. 15 at 5:26 pm
They have no right to exist because the Jews were moved in, consequently forcing the Palestinians out, after WWII. The rest of the world started this conflict and nobody can see a way out. That is why nobody but Egypt has gotten involved. Not to mention Israel has no right to subject the Palestinians to the treatment that they do, it is no wonder the Palstinians fought back, terrorists or no terrorists it was going to happen. 

Sep. 14 at 9:48 pm
Israel has the right to exist peacefully with Palestine. Israel must leave Gaza and the West Bank and Palestine needs to abandon the terrorist organization Hamas. Also Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu should face charges for war crimes.

WaldenWalters said...
Mar. 30 at 3:16 pm
Here is the stat: ifamericansknew.org/stat/children.html For individual names: rememberthesechildren.org/remember2000.html

Jun. 13 at 7:11 pm
Dear WaldenWalters, Thank you for comment again.  With regards to Palestinian and Israeli casualties, you should keep in mind that Hamas used children and the elderly as human shields (frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/hamas-interior-minister-boasts-of-using-elderly-and-children-as-human-shields/). And, though the IDF tries to prevent the loss of civilian life as much as possible (cafebabel.co.uk/arirusila/article/minimizing-collateral-damage-in-gaza-conflict.html), it must fulfill its ... (more »)

WaldenWalters said...
Mar. 29 at 2:59 pm
I think you most definitely did some reasearch when writing this, but I think you should take some time to look at both sides. For example "129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,523 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000". If you looked at facts like that then perhaps you wouldn't be as ready to support Israel. I would ask that you reconsider your argument and that you should think to yourself, maybe the U.S. ... (more »)

Mar. 29 at 11:02 pm
Dear WaldenWalters, I appreciate your comment and the respectful manner (unlike some other users) in which you wrote it. I would be happy to respond to your comment if you provided me with the source of the quote on killed Israeli and Palestinian children.

browsinginabrowser said...
Jan. 19 at 11:07 pm
While very passionate, this article seems to operate on the assumption that the US is not helping Israel.  The US has been donating 3 billion dollars of aid to Israel annually, and Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of aid from the US since World War II.  Plus, it's not like the country is in the straits of poverty (based on average income, economy, etc.) 

Kukolulo said...
Yes it's true that Israel isn't entirely innocent. Countries makes mistakes. Even america or where ever you are from. No one is perfect but that doesn't mean we should turn our backs on our allies just because we are getting tired of doing so. I think we should keep trying our best to help Israel.

Kukolulo said...
My Dad is a Pastor and when I asked About why weare even helping them he said the exact same thing as you did. I completely agree