Peace Activists, Or Not | Teen Ink

Peace Activists, Or Not

By OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

For some reason, ever since the attack on the Gaza flotilla, everyone has been so sympathetic to “those poor Muslims.” Those poor little human rights and peace activists. Yeah right.

The flotilla headed for Gaza turned out to have not only medical supplies and food, but ammunition and weaponry intended for Hamas. The IDF had every right to search that flotilla, seeing as the hoax of bringing in a ship with “needed medical and food supplies” that turned out to be guns and bombs had been used before. They boarded the ship with nothing but riot gear, while the Muslim terrorist were armed with metal clubs and knives. The first soldier on board was stabbed in the stomach, had his intestines ripped out, and was thrown to the lower deck where he was brutally beaten with metal clubs. The rest of the Israeli soldiers were similarly attacked once they boarded the ship, and were not allowed to use guns until they were almost dead. All the while, as the IDF soldiers were beaten and stabbed by crazened terrorists, the Muslim chant rang loud and clear: “Khaybar, Khaybar, oh Jews, Muhammad’s army is coming for you.”

Peace activists. Right.

Yeah, this is my response to all the unfair treatment of Israel due to this attack. It is exactly that: unfair. Unfair and ridiculous. But hey, that's the world. And I recommend watching the video on Youtube "We con the World".

on Jul. 13 2010 at 6:15 pm
yeah me too.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 6:03 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

No really, I try to be as open-minded about other people's beliefs as possible.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 5:56 pm
lol surreeeee :P

on Jul. 13 2010 at 2:22 pm
toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

personally i have not much of an opion in this matter, but every time someone talks about it i think two things: one is "damn, why does humanitiy take every chance to beat jewish people up?" and the second is "wait, why did the jewish people take land from the muslims when they formed israel anyway? that wasn't really nice of them!"

on Jul. 12 2010 at 10:04 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

Uh-huh.  Well you certainly have an....interesting view on religion.  I'll give you that.  And I don't judge you for it, to each his(or her) own.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 10:00 pm
I question nothing--deny everything. I think R.e.l.i.g.i.o.n. is pointless and the big Guy understands lol

on Jul. 12 2010 at 9:58 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

Not much battle with me.  Some things I question, but I fully believe in G-d.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 9:39 pm
Interesting :) I love it when smart ppl wrestle with faith. It's always a fascinating battle...

on Jul. 12 2010 at 8:36 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

I...well, I'm honestly not just bragging when I say I have a fairly high intellect, and that sometimes clashes with my belief, but I believe G-d helps us.  I seriously can't state it any better than that.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 8:11 pm

it's not letting me post either lol.

in case my other thing wasn't posted, I said I can tell you're very observant and c.o.n.s.e.r.v.a.t.i.v.e and etc. I respect that but I don't understand why people chose to live that way--but I have a very unique view of G.o.d.

What's your view on G.o.d? Do you think He's a punisher like the story of passover suggests? Do you think he's a "King of the Universe" like the prayers say? Forgiving like J.e.s.u.s? Or something different?

on Jul. 12 2010 at 8:08 pm
yeah I can tell lol. I guess if you're brought up that way you believe in it very strongly. How do you view God?

on Jul. 11 2010 at 9:28 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

ARGH it won't let me post a comment AGAIN!  Let's just make it simple and say I'm a very observant C.o.n.s.e.r.v.a.t.i.v.e leaning towards O.r.t.h.o.d.o.x as is the rest of my family, and I keep strictly kosher.

on Jul. 11 2010 at 9:22 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

I'm C.o.n.s.e.r.v.a.t.i.v.e bordering on O.r.t.h.o.d.o.x. My mom was raised very strictly O.r.t.h.o.d.o.x, and when they married my dad was technically Christian, but he didn't observe anything.  About five years ago he c.o.n.v.e.r.t.e.d, and now he's very religious.  We all are, and we keep very strictly kosher.

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:57 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

I'm C.o.n.s.e.r.v.a.t.i.v.e, but more on the o.r.t.h.o.d.o.x side.  My mom was also orthodox, and they were extremely strict.  My dad was technically Christian when he married her, but he didn't observe anything, and about five years ago he converted and is now very religious.  We are all very religious, and we keep strictly kosher. We also celebrate all of the holidays, including Tisha B'Av(which isn't really a holiday), so in nine days I'll be fasting:(

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:51 pm
I suppose I'm reformed. My mother was raised orthodox (except I don't think they kept k.o.she.r) and my father was raised C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n so it depends who you ask. I celebrate Passover for heritage and I'm very proud of my heritage and my family history on both sides but I don't practice anything and I don't pray because I believe religion is unnecessary.

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:47 pm
I'm so reformed it's not even funny lol. My father isn't even Jewish and I've not gotten a barmitzvoah so it depends who you ask lol. I celebrate Passover for heritage mostly and I'm proud of my heritage. I also like a lot of what Judiasm teaches but since I don't follow the rules I don't consider myself completely Jewish... but if I must have a "religion" I am not a Christian so therefore I must be Jewish lol

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:43 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

The way you put it is not the exact way I feel, but obviously our opinions differ on this point.  Raising is everything.  Just curious, what are you? O.r.t.h.o.d.o.x(although I seriously doubt it), c.o.n.s.e.r.v.a.t.i.v.e, r.e.f.o.r.m.e.d., or r.e.c.o.n.s.t.r.u.c.t.i.o.n.i.s.t?

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:41 pm

Ok... I'm J.e.w.i.s.h. too. But I'm not going to sit here and say since we're "god's chosen people" that means muslims need to give up their land for Israel.

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:37 pm

Ok... I'm jewish too. There is no rightful homeland... Jews and arabs are the same people from the same area. Jews have driven people out just the same as they had been driven out. When we light the menorah what do you think is being celebrated? Our temple was taken and we took it back. And it wasn't because we asked nicely.... we won it back with blood.

So Jews and Muslims are people. We are all people. It's basically Montagues vs Capulets--it's a stupid pointless grudge that neither party is willing to give up. It's a mess of a situation. BOTH sides need to share the land or there will be war.

on Jul. 11 2010 at 7:27 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

OK...you really didn't pick a good topic to discuss with me.  I'm J.e.w.i.s.h.  So it's MY people getting slaughtered out there.  And why can't we move somewhere else?  Uh, same reason as the Muslims won't move somewhere else.  This is OUR homeland, our RIGHTFUL homeland, hence the organization Birthright(which I will use when I get older).  We came here far before the Muslims, and just because we were driven out and they took it over doesn't mean we had no right to return.