Wake Up America! | Teen Ink

Wake Up America!

Global warming and gas prices
As if that's all that matters
As we're fighting to lower taxes
There's a child fighting for life
The life woman chose to take
Because she was told he was nothing but a fetus

Wake up, America!
Why can't we see the danger on the horizon?
Terrorists attacks
Communist control
Wake up, America!
We won't last forever
If we don't take a stand

Higher taxes and cheaper housing
Is that really all that matters?
While we're fighting for domestic partnership
We're too blind to see
We're being overrun by aliens

A stand for what's true
A stand for what's right
We get chewed out for cutting down a Christmas tree
While we'll kill unborn babies by the dozen
Legalizing same sex marriage
It used to be appalling
Now it's applauded

What happened to "In God we trust"?
What happened to our "One nation under God"?
Now we spit in God's face
Saying we don't need Him

Wake UP, America!

on Apr. 3 2010 at 9:16 pm
Shambler92 PLATINUM, Buenos Aires, Other
During the thirties and through the forties US administartons have intervened upon Central American countries because in those countries there was a rising sense of freedom. So, the US invaded. Why was Farabundo Marti killed in San Salvador?  Why was Augusto Sandino killed in Nicaragua? Because they were against the puppet dictatorships aided by the US. And, if the US, according to you, would rather secure freedom, why was the CIA deeply involved in the coup d'etat in Chile were military forces overthrew the president Allende, ELECTED by the people, to be replaced by Pinochet, one of the bloodiest dictators of the 20th century? Well, Allende was a socialist, a threat to the US. I mean every dictator in Central America and South America was supported by US administrations and by the marines. So, you have to figure out what this past administrations really did and what they stood for. Not just what you want to believe they stood for.

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on Apr. 3 2010 at 8:27 pm
I agree. Some of our past presidencies have been failures. But they never kept anyone from being free. If anything, they would rather have countries be free than under dictatorship, because that would just cause more wars, causualties, and attacks on our soil.

on Apr. 3 2010 at 5:44 pm
I am not saying that the marine intervention on Central America is the fault of the Marines, but of the governments that sent them there, governments that invaded only because of economical reasons, America being free at that time (30's - 40's) would've harmed the US economy. I have no problem with the marines, but I do have a problem with past US administrations that had power over them and made ill use of their millitary resources for economical profit over freedom.

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on Apr. 3 2010 at 3:15 pm
Fine, yes, then. America is free. ALL of America. Cuba being under Communism is NOT the fault of the marines. You should join the marines. Figure out what they REALLY stand for. Not just what you want to believe they stand for.

on Apr. 3 2010 at 1:40 pm
Yeah, you said Latin America and I said America, but in Argentina and in the rest of this continent when we say America we mean America not just the US.

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on Apr. 3 2010 at 12:55 pm
You've been saying it ALL along! and I said LATIN America, not AMERICA. and hey, if you hate America so much, LEAVE! No one's stopping you!

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on Apr. 2 2010 at 1:56 pm
Dude, get your facts straight. Latin America IS free. All except Cuba, which is under the Communist control of Fidel Castro and Puerto Rico, which is a territory of America. America had nothing to do with the communist rule of Cuba. You're just making things up.

anonymous said...
on Mar. 31 2010 at 7:57 am
What are you talking about?? No dictator EVER came into the power by help of the US. And even if they did, you just proved my point. What is the difference to a Communist who, as you say apparently reign in America, what is the difference if they're Communists in Asia or Communist in America? Hm. And yet you say we have no threaght. You're backing out of your own defense. America has NEVER invaded Latin America without cause. And that cause would not have been to keep them from becoming a free nation. Why don't you go talk to some of the marines who were actually present (if they're still alive)? Second-hand news is almost always wrong. Even from newsstations, it's not the exact truth and you have no right to go spreading what is actually called lies. I have a question for you: If you were God (hypothetically speaking), and you helped a nation come into power and helped them win many battles and blessed them greatly, wouldn't you be upset when we as a nation turn our backs on the one person who helped us become a nation? Wouldn't you expect them to at least respect you enough to use your name as something other than a cuss word? To say the pledge, correctly, since it actually once meant something? To not "get offended" anytime anyone talks about you? I'm not saying everyone needs to believe in God, because that's impossible, but our nation has lost respect for Him. They remove Him from school, when He is a legitimate part of America's history. They remove the Ten Commandments off school and courtroom walls. Christians no longer are allowed free speech because we're afraid to offend anyone. God has been completely removed (or is being). And every other nation that has turned it's back on God has ended in distater. Greece, the Roman empire, China, why do you think we had so many Communists? Because God removed His hedge of protection and allowed Communism to take over. I may be only one person, but I refuse to let that happen to our country. This poem is a warning. Some may believe it, others (like yourself) will be too blind to realize the dangers. God's time is coming. And it's coming quickly.

on Mar. 29 2010 at 3:33 pm
Uhm, every dictator came into power with the aid of the United States of America. Where did Pinochet come from? Where did Batista come from? Where did Trujillo come from? Where did Somoza come from? With whose aid did Pinochet overthrew the elected government of Allende in Chile? The United States of America. And when I speak about the marines I don't talk Iraq, I talk about every single country in Latin America. And finally I am not saying God is not important, I am saying that if people don't believe in him, what's the difference? Would they become bad persons? No. Would they start acting strangely and violently? No. They would be the same people, doing the same things. I really don't know but, does the Constitution of the United States obliges citizens to believe in God? You can't judge people for having a different perspective on life. You can't say This Nation Is Purely Christian And Everyone Must Believe In God. Now, that's a denial of basic, basic rights and freedom.

anonymous said...
on Mar. 29 2010 at 1:30 pm
I did read your comment and you don't know what you're talking about. How do you think every dictator came into power? Do you think some big bad guy stepped on the scene and said "I'm taking over and you have to do everything I say!" Heck, no! Check your history. They came in with charm, wit and intelligence. They also knew how to get ahold of America's future, through the kids. What president before Obama has press conferences for schools? When do you ever remember colleges having rallies for one canidate? And practically cussing you out if you don't agree? When do you remember KINDERGARTEN teachers telling kids that parents had better vote for this candidate and they were idiots if they didn't? Never. Something bad is happening. Why else was there such a big push for healthcare? Because Obama knew if he didn't do something quick (possibly) Americans would start figuring out he's not who he says he is. And our marines have NEVER invaded other countries unless it was to protect our freedom. People make it out to be that (for example) the marines invaded Iraq and have been abusing them. Yeah, right! They give food and clothing to children. They give them a decent education and all because they care. They don't have to do that. They do it cause they want to. And God has EVERYTHING to do with American history. George Washington prayed before he ever went into battle. They had Bible Studies and Prayer meetings before signing the Constitution. We would not have a country if not for God. And we've slowly been taking Him out over the years. We can no longer pray in schools. Some schools leave out "one nation under God" out of the Pledge of Allegiance. Seriously, research the founding of America. It has God written all over it.

on Mar. 29 2010 at 12:50 pm
have you even read my comment. I say, there is no communist threat, (there never was really only in the minds of America) Terrorism is to be blamed on the past 100 years of America's foreign policies, I mean, thanks to America there are thousands of disappeared here in South America, thanks to America Latin America was condemned by totalitarian, cruel, dictatorships. Marines have swarmed the ports of Central America and have made sure to deny the freedom of the people in their own countries. America of segregation. Is that the America you want? Cos it sounds like it. And, seriously, in what way can the imposition of the belief of God be any good. Nae, you seriously need to think before replying someone's comment man, seriously.

anonymous said...
on Mar. 29 2010 at 9:42 am
Bravo! How long did it take you to come up with that crack? While you were thinking of that did you happen to look up today's politics? Did you happen to see how our lives have changed in just the past five years? Did you happen to see how our president is not following the Constitution or the Bill of Rights when passing laws? You need to think before you decide to comment.

on Mar. 28 2010 at 4:39 pm

did you write this in the 50's or something, communist control? terrorist attack--> America the Number One terrorist of the 20th century and the breeder of 21st century terrorism.

if waking up america means fighting against the freedom of the American people, I say "sleep on America, sleep on."