Obama Drama | Teen Ink

Obama Drama

February 8, 2010
By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
21 articles 5 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.


Obama is just another disaster in the world of Liberals. I'm only 16, so I can't vote yet, but if I could, I would never in a million years vote for Obama. To have Obama as our President is a slap in the face to all of the heros of this great nation who have fought and died to make the U.S. what it is today. He disgraces our own country on live television, making the U.S. a joke to other countries. He does not stand behind our troops no matter what he says. Nothing that comes out of his mouth can be trusted. On the campaign trail back in 2008, he said he'd have all of his little chats on CSPAN so us "average citizens" would have more sight into what's going on in the government. Now, he's President. So, exactly on which channel can we find those little informal chats? Oh, that's right. There aren't any. Heaven forbid the citizens of the United States who pay the taxes, should know what's happening with their money. No, that's not their business, though. Clearly, the Obama administration knows what's best for us, so why not just let them continue to make decisions for us, without our consent?

Exhibit A: Government-run healthcare. Seeing as how the government is far superior, it only makes sense to have the government telling you which doctors you can and cannot see, and which treatments you can and cannot have. It's common sense, really. After all, they're only making decisions that could effect whether you live or die. Why should it concern you? Oh, but let's not forget that as long as you're an official in today's corrupt government, you get to decide for yourself which doctors you see and which treatments you recieve. Because, you're in the government and the governement is superior, remember? Just don't worry about all those "average" citizens who are paying your wages and being treated like dirt. Nah, they'll be fine. They don't deserve to make decisions based on their own lives. That's crazy talk.

Now, I realize this is not all Mr. Obama's fault. Obama did not invent Liberals. The biggest problem is the faulty Liberal mindset that has sunken deeply into a vast majority of the U.S.'s population. This Liberal, entitlement mindset will destroy this country. Obama is only spreading it further. Let's begin at Welfare which was originally designed as a SHORT-TERM aid to help lower income folks who were going out to find a job, and TRYING. Today, Welfare is being given out as a PERMANENT salary to those who do NOT go out, looking for jobs. There are people on Welfare who own flat screen TVs and attend every concert that comes to town. Yet, these same people cannot afford to feed their children 3 meals a day. Granted, there are those on Welfare who do not abuse the privilege of this financial aid, but the number of those who do abuse the privilege surpass the number of those who do not by a wide margin. Worse than that, there is no incentive to work, because the government has allowed us to become lazy and dependent for too long. Soon, the number of people without work will overpass the number of people who do work. And, by then there won't be enough money coming in to support those not working. We should be focusing on these sorts of issues, but Obama does not see them as priorities, when they are in fact the heart of this nation's problems. Instead of encouraging these people to go out and find a job, these people have been trained to manipulate the government into giving them more money. ACORN serves as a prime example. This organization claims to help low income families and inspire people to vote. In all actuality, ACORN was teaching people how to cheat the IRS. Did I mention that Obama used to fund ACORN? You didn't know? Blame the socialized media which is yet another depiction of the Liberal disease.

The United States is known for being the land of the free and the home of the brave. This nation was built by hardworkers who broke their backs, working 12 hour days for that dollar so they could go home at night and have supper with their families, knowing that their hard work had paid off. Children would be spanked just for implying they should be entitled to something. Entitlements did not exist in that mindset. No one owed anyone anything without working for it. If you were alive back then, you probably don't even recognize this land as the USA any longer. You've seen the changes every day...in the people, places, and attitudes. Customer service is a thing of the past. Working hard is a foreign concept.

We should be enforcing the laws, not only where Welfare is concerned, but in every other aspect of this country. We have become a weaker nation ever since Obama stepped foot into the office because he allows slackers and cheaters to prosper and run the country alongside of him. What example is this setting for younger generations? For some, it's already too late. They've been corrupted and taken in by this Liberal mindset. Who could blame them? Not having to work, but getting paid? Wasting your money all night, and sleeping all day, even though you don't have a bed to sleep in? No consequences for your own actions? Sounds like a nice life to me.


Why keep the United States the land of the free, and the home of the brave, one nation under God, when there is so much more potential to turn it into a Liberal country where everything about an individual’s life is controlled? Does that not sound more appealing? After all, our founding fathers gave their blood, sweat, and tears to turn this country into the free nation that it is today, so why not throw all of their hard work away? Go ahead. Vote for a Liberal. Clearly, they know what is best for our country.