Why: Nobody knows. | Teen Ink

Why: Nobody knows.

September 26, 2009
By Esther BRONZE, London, Other
Esther BRONZE, London, Other
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

It's so hard to love but so easy to hate. C'mon you can't lie, everyone finds it easier to spit abuse, judge and say 'I hate you' rather than love, forgive and forget. Now, I don't want to sound like some hippy and say we should dance around a camp fire and love because that would be silly.
But, honestly look how backwards our world is. Look at the mystery, the lies and the deceit. AIDs exist and we can't seem to find the cure, Osama Bin Laden is the world's biggest terrorist and we can't find him. Why?
We say 'f**k the popo' or 'f**k the feds' and yet we can respect and look up to a gangster rapper that encourages everyone to kill each other, why?
The people that taught us right from wrong have been anonymously killed: Tupac, Michael Jackson, Martin Luther King and many others. Why?
The people that gave music a real title were attacked by the media and ruined like Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. Why?
We're all living in this world full of lies and yet we're happy with it or content. We're all ignorant and refuse to open our eyes to the truth. Why? Because lies create a world that's happier and free, right?
I hope I didn't come across as a hippy lol but I just truly believe this world is not what we believe it is and that no one has opened their eyes to see it.
In the words of Tupac: Why are we dying to live, if we're just living to die.

I'd be ever so grateful if you rated this or left a comment. You don't have to but I'd really like to know what you thought and if I changed your perspective. Thank you.


The author's comments:
Tupac & Michael Jackson inspired me mostly. They really opened my eyes to the bitterness of the world.