Obama and His Country | Teen Ink

Obama and His Country

America, a country of independence and remarkable diversity, has pushed through tough times. Dark ages caused by dark people who - to this day - still wholeheartedly believe that what they did was right. Yes, the U.S.A, however strong and free it may be, is an enormous country suffering through a difficult era in these modern and contemporary times. Times when people vary from black to white, fat to thin, short to tall and so on and so forth. Times when people do crazy things, like find the long, lost twin of Sarah Palin and embarrass her until she turns as red as her suit, or aim a shoe at George Bush in Baghdad, forcing him to shield himself. Times when families who were once wealthy and swimming in cash have dropped down into the red, and people who were already pretty low, dug themselves even lower.
And then it happened. Just when we thought the U.S.A couldn’t embarrass itself further, when we sincerely believed that we could no longer withstand any more criticism for our country’s apparent “destruction”, he came along. Barack Obama, a black man, became the president of our suffering country.
A majority were confident in the knowledge that America was saved. I mean, if a black man could become president of the most dominant and influential nation on the face of the Earth, our country was saved, right? However, other people stated that a black man - “black” being a filthy race - did not belong in office. And, to be kind, they were the racist ones, the ones whose hearts were still black from the pain and affliction that the black race had endured decades ago. Nevertheless, America received something from this remarkable black man. The thing our homeland needed the most. Hope. Hope that we weren’t doomed to decease. Hope that the menacing recession wouldn’t drive us into utter chaos. Hope that we would remain as the incredible nation that we are today.
On January 20th, he did it. Obama and his country began the unforgettable journey on a road leading to Who Know Where. That day - the day when everyone put aside their masks of hatred and uncouthness, and joined one another in making America all that it can be - remains engraved in our hearts, souls, and minds. Then, Obama did something powerful beyond anyone’s beliefs. Our new leader not only changed our beloved nation for the better, but also warmed our hearts on that cold, mid-January winter day. And that’s what we needed.
Although we still may be drowning in dept, or enduring the craziness of all these peculiar political leaders that haunt our country’s well being, we have a man who has changed the history of his race and his country, not only by making amendments, but by mutually joining us as one.
Obama still has an Everest to climb ¾ a mountain of great height, and dangerous falls. But we cannot depend on this man to do it all on his own. Remember, he is leading a country of great supremacy. If anyone will help him climb that mountain, we will.
Obama and his country will make a change for the better.

Although I put much wok into writing this piece, you may suppose that I am an American by reading it. In fact, I am a Canadian and have only visited America once in my life for enjoyment purposes.
Due to this, I understand that you may not wish to post any comments or praise for my work, for I may not be sharing your persepective as I am not from the U.S.A.
But, rest assured, Obama has changed the world.

John said...
on Nov. 29 2011 at 9:23 pm

This article seems very biased about Obama and thus the true nature of his accord is not atually able to get out.

Obviously Obama didn't win because he's black, and appealed to the black race, statisics prove otherwise, he really won because of his good charismatic speeches. But now we can all realise that many of them were all very big failed promises. He and this article claim he has turned this country over, and has fixed this county's economy. False.

This country remains trillions in dept, with higher unemployment rates since decades. Perhaps the dow has increased since 2008, but that is not a concrete example of how this economy is doing. The "Occupy Wallstreet" moevement is a perfect example of how this economy is actually doing. How rich are becoming richer, poor becoming poorer. Our middle class is continuing to diminish. "The people" having to protest because of how unbalanced this economy truely is. Instead of articles like this, which provide very pathiological points, how about  I see some TRUE statistics on how this economy is actualy getting better.

Fluffy2772 said...
on Oct. 16 2011 at 12:41 pm
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
...Do you know anything about what is happening? Black people make up less than 15% of the population and are the least likely to vote of any demographic. Job growth has remained somewhat constant throughout his presidency. And we are also still under bush's tax cuts. Taxes are at a low point right now, just compare them to Reagans tax policies.

on Aug. 11 2011 at 9:40 pm
Texas_Horsegirl BRONZE, Windom, Texas

Love the life you live-live the life you love. ~Bob Marley

The only reason he became president was because the black people voted for him, and he changed us for the the worse. 40% of jobs have been lost because of his buget cuts, ands raising taxes like crazy to feed the lazy ones who won't work..!!! Look at the market downfall. Sooo much more debt and he said he would end the war...not happening.

Trenton GOLD said...
on Jul. 20 2011 at 8:27 am
Trenton GOLD, Litchfield, Illinois

"There is nothing so bad that it can't be laughed at, maybe it shouldn't, or it would be innapropriate to, but nothing that you can not laugh at."

Think wrong? You think right?

Trenton GOLD said...
on Jul. 20 2011 at 8:26 am
Trenton GOLD, Litchfield, Illinois

Where did you get these facts?

bnljack said...
on Jan. 25 2011 at 11:44 pm
bnljack, Vienna, Virginia

obama has instituted billions worth of tax cuts to the middle class and small buissnesses through his health care bill.

since he was instituted in office, the dow jones has gone up, the nasdaq has gone up, the strength of the dollar has gone up, and unemployment has gone down.

this is not an opinion, these are facts.

on Jan. 25 2011 at 8:01 pm
custerrocks BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
This is the people of the United States of America's Country!

on Jan. 3 2011 at 8:53 pm
Starphire87 BRONZE, Pacifica, California

\"If you can\'t be on time be early\" -Grandpa
\"If you can\'t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t\" -Grandpa
"And may the odds be *ever* in your favor!!" -Claudius Templesmith, Hunger Games

umm... Really? If other countries hate us so much because of Bush... Why are there so many illegal Mexicans crossing the border? Hmm? And Obama's ONLY had two years? You know what I could do in two years? Repeal tax cuts on everyone and not just the wealthy! :D

on Jun. 26 2010 at 9:47 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Well, this guy changed my mind that Obama supporters are drones.

Also, this isn't Obama's country, okay? He's not a king, he's not a dictator, he's the President.

on Jun. 19 2010 at 5:43 pm
1ClassicLady1 SILVER, Mona, Utah

Success is not final and failure is not fatal. The courage to continue is all that matters in the end.
~Winston Churchill

Amazing! I wish the all kids in my school could read your piece!

on May. 28 2010 at 11:27 pm
WritingIsAPoison SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Guys should be like klennex, soft, strong, and disposable.

A wonderful piece! People are always complaining about what Obama hasn't done and what he said he was going to do. He wasn't had any time! The man has only been in office, what two years?! Yes, America was a embrassment, because we had a president who just didn't care anymore! Bush messed one of the greatest countries on Earth! People threw shoes at him in other countries. And people wonder why get bombed all the time and other countries hate us so much. Yes, it will take a black man to bring America out of a mess.

on May. 28 2010 at 5:29 pm
WiggityWack SILVER, Blahhhh, Nebraska

Hope. Dream. Make it happen..>>

@JoCoGirl please use spell check before you try to bash President Obama. Lol, your so funny to me everything you say about Obama is negative, why is that?

on May. 28 2010 at 5:25 pm
WiggityWack SILVER, Blahhhh, Nebraska

Hope. Dream. Make it happen..>>

@dolphinmdk1@aol.com Really how could you say everything that comes out of OUR PRESIDENT'S mouth is a lie. Like, really give us some examples because I wanna know. Support your opinion maybe people will agree with you? Because right I don't. 

i<3steven! said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 3:20 pm
i<3steven!, Newcastle, California

*john-son-johnson*
Inside Joke

jeez, just because i beleive that i am not one of the lost generation u think you have the right to bag on me????? wow, way to think wrong....

on Apr. 21 2010 at 11:33 am
TheFitfulFire BRONZE, Houma, Louisiana

Auto Recovery Czar- Ed Montgomery

Border Czar- Alan Bersin

California Water Czar- David J. Hayes

Car Czar- Ron Bloom

Central Region Czar- Dennis Ross

Technology Czar- Aneesh Chopra

(Former)Green Jobs Czar- Van Jones

Science Czar- John Holdren (who, btb, thinks trees should have lawyers)

If you believe that so-called "fact", then perhaps you should return to basic math and history classes to discover that, when any government is in charge of a program such as healthcare, making money is not a possiblity. In "fact" it is a pipe dream; however, if you are more comfortable being anesthetized before being shot in the head, that's your perogative. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Further more, I admit that the stimulus was Presient Bush's pet project. But it is not his name on the dotted line. Those who seem so ready to praise President Obama for things like "closing" Guantanamo Bay, seem not so ready to accept the fact that he was the signer of the Stimulus. It seems to me that the President is one of those who readily accepts gratitude for the good he does and blames others for the things he does poorly. Whether the previous President deserves the blame or not, that fact remains that even in this, President Obama's second year, he and those in his Cabinet, continue to blame President Bush for their problems. If he has integrity, which I believe he does, then our current President will stop displacing blame and make an effort to do better overall.

Ans as to what the President didn't say:

Mr. Obama told the French that America "has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. In Prague, he said America has "a moral responsibility to act" on arms control because only the U.S. had "used a nuclear weapon." In London, he said that decisions about the world financial system were no longer made by "just Roosevelt and Churchill sitting in a room with a brandy" -- as if that were a bad thing. And in Latin America, he said the U.S. had not "pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors" because we "failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas."

If anyone has been arrogant to others, it is the Europeans who look down their noses at the "uncivilised Americans".

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:47 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
sorry bout that my computer posted it twice

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:46 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Three things.

Name a couple of those "czars", if you please.

Second, the congressional budget office's report recently confirmed that health care will save 100 million dollars, and won't lose a penny. Not an opinion, that's a fact.

Lastly, heck, it is Bush's fault that we are ten trillion dollars in the hole. It is bush's fault that we are still in two wars.

Also, I haven't heard Obama saying that. Others, definetly, but not Obama or his cabinet.

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:37 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Can you actually prove a single one of those things?

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:36 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Do you really have any proof that he is racist?

How about communist?

All governments tax, sorry to break it to ya. Also, bush came into office with a surplus, and left with a ten trillion dollar deficit! I call that overspending.

An unborn child is still just a collection of cells until a certain point. Abortion before then is not baby killing.

Moron? lolz

Prove it.

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:29 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Ever heard the term "ad hominem"?