Arizona State needs to rethink not giving Obama an honorary degree... | Teen Ink

Arizona State needs to rethink not giving Obama an honorary degree...

By Travis Larson BRONZE, Bedford, Texas
Travis Larson BRONZE, Bedford, Texas

November 4th, 2008. Remember that day people? It was the day that the United States of America voted into executive power the first ever African-American. His name is Barack Obama. He was the senator from Illinois who is married to a woman named Michelle and together they share two children, Sasha and Malia. Now, do I really need to remind anyone of that? Love him or hate him, you know who Barack Obama is, in point of fact, his name has become somewhat commonplace. And why is that? Why is President Obama so known? Because of the reason I just listed! We as a people on the aforementioned date, November 4th, broke a racial barrier thought could have never been broken. With a deafening bang, we as Americans summoned in Mr. Obama to "change things" and "keep this nation's promise" and forced out a broken and rotted administration. Mr. Obama's administration might be in it's infancy, but in my opinion Obama, in getting elected as the first ever African-American to lead the free world, deserves an honorary degree from Arizona State.

Alexis said...
on Jun. 11 2009 at 1:45 am
Alexis, Bellingham, Washington
he is known because he is president. that is why his name is EVERYWHERE.