If I Were Mayor of My Town... | Teen Ink

If I Were Mayor of My Town...

Being mayor means you have a lot of oppurtunities for good. If I were to become mayor of my small town, there are so many different things I would do to help us move forward. First off, I would fight for the gun laws to change. I live in a small hunting community. There are kids in fourth grade who own their own shotguns. Becoming mayor, I would require people to be at least sixteen to purchase or own any type of weapon. Second, I would help fund our community. In my naturally small town, there's an even smaller town which hosts the stores and museums in our county. These museums are non-profit, but they're not making any money to help improve. I was in the museum based on town history yesterday and the lights didn't work in three of the rooms. As mayor, I would make sure some of the money our town earns goes to help these museums become bigger and better. Third, I would help expand the community colleges art programs. While the college currently puts on non-profit musicals as is, these people aren't getting noticed for their work. I would help these plays and paintings become much more known by advertising them and introducing a college center to the art museums. Clearly, if I was mayor, I would aim to help my town grow and succedd. Even though it's a small town, there's a lot of personality that needs to be recognized.

I'm not a very political person, but I love my home. I have some strong opinions on how to help it grow.