Top Voted Points of View

Here is the top voted points of view:

voted
#1
My Favorite Shirt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Love. It’s a simple but overused word. I love you. I love this song! I absolutely loved that movie! The word doesn’t mean much anymore, not to most. Some people scoff at it. We throw it around like a used shirt, wearing it because it’s... (more »)
Subsection: Love / Relationships Articles   248 comments
voted
#2
Keeping Music Real This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Music is a powerful thing. It evokes feelings and has the power to bring people together. Music is also a way for people to express themselves and share ideas, whether through poetic lyrics or throbbing anthems. But today, artists are not known... (more »)
287 comments
voted
#3
Should Teens Be Tried As Adults This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Should teenagers be tried as adults? Opinions differ. Some people argue that teenagers don't know what they are doing when they commit a crime and are still too young to comprehend what is right and wrong. I totally disagree. I... (more »)
319 comments
voted
#4
The Modern Zoo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I would like to begin by defining “zoo.” It is a park-like area in which live animals are kept in cages or large enclosures for public exhibit. Hold on, large enclosures? More like tiny cages. As zoo funds are cut, cages become smaller... (more »)
Subsection: Environment Articles   89 comments
voted
#5
The Death Penalty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   An article ran in the January issue of The 21st Century supporting the death penalty. I feel that it is important to print an article in opposition to capital punishment. The death penalty has always been one of the most hotly... (more »)
106 comments
voted
#6
When I Grow Up This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In kindergarten, my class was asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Crayons danced across sheets of ­paper to illustrate our dream occupations. Our drawings were hung in the hallway for our parents to see at Back to School Night.... (more »)
Subsection: Social Issues / Civics Articles   199 comments
voted
#7
School Uniforms This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     It's the first day of school and you have to find the perfect outfit to make a good impression. Lucky for me, I don't have this problem: my private school requires I wear a uniform. Some may think this is not a good... (more »)
127 comments
voted
#8
Plastic Surgery: An Ugly Trend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Society has always valued beauty. In literature, ­attractiveness often symbolizes an admirable protagonist, while ugliness indicates the abominable antagonist. As children we are taught, without even realizing it, to prize beauty. People of every... (more »)
159 comments
voted
#9
Stop Cheating Yourself This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     A student does not know any of the answers on a test. As he stares at the blank answer page, all the problems look blurry, and when the results come back, the student realizes that he failed. This is the situation for... (more »)
79 comments
voted
#10
Luv 2 Txt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You need to send a quick text to your mom to tell her soccer practice is canceled. In an effort not to get caught, you reach ever so slowly, skillfully, and one-handedly into your backpack. Drawing your bright purple handheld lifeline from the... (more »)
305 comments
voted
#11
Am I My Brother's Keeper? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Who is my brother?Another offspring of my mother?Or is he the guy on the street cornerbegging for money?Is my sister the girl selling her bodyto feed the mouths of her hungry kids?Was it my friend who got drunkand died from hitting a tree?Am I my... (more »)
63 comments
voted
#12
Capital Punishment Is Dead Wrong This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Murder is wrong. Since childhood we have been taught this indisputable truth. Ask yourself, then, what is capital punishment? In its simplest form, capital punishment is defined as one person taking the life of another. Coincidentally, that is the... (more »)
Subsection: Social Issues / Civics Articles   462 comments
voted
#13
Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People... (more »)
87 comments
voted
#14
Teen Baby Trend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Does today’s generation glamorize teenage pregnancy? About four in ten girls become pregnant before age 20. Annually, about 900,000 teenage pregnancies occur nationally – approximately 52 pregnancies per hour. Almost 40 percent of young... (more »)
137 comments
voted
#15
How Technology Affects Us This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Everyone has seen the moody, withdrawn kid with music blasting out of his white earbuds, or the girl rapidly texting on her phone. The youth of today are constantly immersed in technological advancements that promote nonstop communication and... (more »)
Subsection: Social Issues / Civics Articles   76 comments
voted
#16
Genetic Engineering This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Bam! A 16-year-old takes off running at his high school track meet. He is not a quarter of the way around the track when the first of his five opponents reaches the finish line. Now, in the 21st century, many people say the world is on the... (more »)
124 comments