Top Voted Points of View

Here is the top voted points of view:

voted
#1
Ending Illegal Immigration This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
We are a country founded on the many cultures that are drawn here by the promise of a better life. Historically, we have prided ourselves on being a cultural melting pot. However, the increasing number of illegal immigrants is becoming a problem.... (more »)
259 comments
voted
#2
Plastic Surgery: An Ugly Trend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Society has always valued beauty. In literature, ­attractiveness often symbolizes an admirable protagonist, while ugliness indicates the abominable antagonist. As children we are taught, without even realizing it, to prize beauty. People of every... (more »)
148 comments
voted
#3
Luv 2 Txt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You need to send a quick text to your mom to tell her soccer practice is canceled. In an effort not to get caught, you reach ever so slowly, skillfully, and one-handedly into your backpack. Drawing your bright purple handheld lifeline from the... (more »)
305 comments
voted
#4
When I Grow Up This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In kindergarten, my class was asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Crayons danced across sheets of ­paper to illustrate our dream occupations. Our drawings were hung in the hallway for our parents to see at Back to School Night.... (more »)
Subsection: Social Issues / Civics Articles   179 comments
voted
#5
The Homework Revolution This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A young girl sits at her desk, reviewing her homework assignments for the evening. English: read three chapters and write a journal response. Math: complete 30 problems, showing all work. Science: do a worksheet, front and back. French: study... (more »)
Subsection: School / College Articles   784 comments
voted
#6
So Long, Wonder Years This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“I want fabulous, that is my simple request. All things fabulous, bigger and better and best. Fetch me my Jimmy Choo flip-flops. Where is my pink Prada tote? I need my Tiffany hair band. And then I can go for a float.” I can’t tell you... (more »)
Subsection: Entertainment / Celebrities Articles   192 comments
voted
#7
Selling Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was a relatively mundane day when I realized that I had spent the greater part of my life fighting myself. In fact, I think it went something like this: Urban Outfitters has some really cool things this month! Ooh, look at that! (Quick... (more »)
11 comments
voted
#8
Unshelving Classic Books This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In the late twentieth century, there was a move to replace classic literature used in most schools and universities with a more diverse reading list. The new curriculum would focus on themes present in today’s society, emphasizing... (more »)
Subsection: Sports / Hobbies Articles   65 comments
voted
#9
Go Veggie With Style This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I am a vegetarian. Many people are quick to stereotype vegetarianism as bizarre behavior, appropriate for those on another planet. I treasure our Earth, and since we only have one, we should protect it and the wildlife that populates it. But... (more »)
Subsection: Environment Articles   144 comments
voted
#10
How Technology Affects Us This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Everyone has seen the moody, withdrawn kid with music blasting out of his white earbuds, or the girl rapidly texting on her phone. The youth of today are constantly immersed in technological advancements that promote nonstop communication and... (more »)
Subsection: Social Issues / Civics Articles   44 comments
voted
#11
Twilight on Equality This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that while reading Twilight I was “dazzled” (pun intended). Almost anyone alive for the past couple of months is certainly aware of the saga, which has received excited acclaim not only from teenagers... (more »)
Subsection: Sports / Hobbies Articles   588 comments
voted
#12
Meaty Facts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Humans are physiologically, mentally, and physically made to eat meat. If you are a vegetarian, I hope you think twice before trying to change a meat eater’s mind about their steak dinner. These are just the facts – believe them or not.... (more »)
65 comments
voted
#13
What Is An American? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When I asked my father this question, he laughed and shook his head. I have a knack for asking the hard ones. But as our nation struggles with the issue of illegal immigration, we don’t bother to ask this of ourselves. The first time this... (more »)
Subsection: Articles About Discrimination   67 comments
voted
#14
Sexting: Know the Facts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
High-tech has created a new low. The term “sexting” is a combination of the words sex and texting, and refers to the practice of sending sexually ­explicit photos electronically, mainly by cell phone. The incidents of sexting have... (more »)
Subsection: Pop Culture Articles   180 comments
voted
#15
Letter to George Bush This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dear Mr. Bush, Much is being made of the inauguration of President Obama. But amidst all the celebration, I couldn’t help but think about how you must be feeling leaving office and transferring your position to another. You served as... (more »)
Subsection: Current Events / Politics Articles   273 comments
voted
#16
Asymptotic Education This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“We’re going to start this year with a review of fractions!” The fact that my sister is hearing that sentence in fifth grade is discouraging. Her class hasn’t even started utilizing variables, though my fourth-grade cousin in India is... (more »)
Subsection: School / College Articles   19 comments