The Meaning of Hope | Teen Ink

The Meaning of Hope

By whith1 BRONZE, Bloomington, Illinois
whith1 BRONZE, Bloomington, Illinois

“In his great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you (1Peter 1:3-4).”This verse portrays the message of hope through Jesus Christ.  Contradictory to this belief, Dictionary. Com says that hope is “the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.” Although most people think that hope is a physical feeling signaling that everything will work out for the best, I believe hope is a firm and confident expectation regarding the unknown, such as; salvation, assurance that good will be fulfilled, and ability to be attained by all people

Hope is like a buoy.  It sustains life and saves those drowning in deep waters.  Hope would not exist if the buoy was not cast. Who threw this ideological buoy? Jesus Christ cast the buoy, while offering salvation and hope to those who accept Him as their Savior from the waters that drown them. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He constructed hope for the first time. The hope Jesus constructed strives today, and saves those who hold onto it.
Some say that hope offers good feelings or positive desires, but gotquestions.org says that “Hope produces joy and peace in believers through the power of the Spirit.” I agree with this idea because wherever hope has been in my life there has been joy, peace, and love.  Hope has proven to produce goodness and positive outcomes even in the dark periods of life. Hope is like a light that outshines the darkness.  The quantity of light may not be as great as the darkness, but its rays are identified and used to see through the darkness.  Just as light, gives sight, hope gives sight.  Sight to see through the trials, fleshly desires, and appalling circumstances.  The small spectrum of light hope shines is strong enough to assure freedom from the darkness.  Hope assures that goodness will be fulfilled.  It assures that judgement will be served and goodness will reign superior. Hope will defeat the darkness.
My grandpa says that hope is attainable to all people.  I agree with him because hope is needed for sinners, and all humans are individually unrighteous so therefore hope is free for all people.  No matter the skin color, hair color, body type, personality, ethnicity, personal background, or beliefs, hope is offered freely.  Hope is unbiased. It does not accustom an individual’s life to the factors of hope by unfairly.  Rather, the proponent is the choice maker, in regard to having hope or none at all.   

Finally, hope offers freedom from death, assures that goodness will be fulfilled, and is attainable to all people.  Hope gives eternal life to anyone who chooses to believe in hope.  It provides assurance and confidence in knowing what the future holds.  Hope does not choose, but is chosen.  It gives freely and immaculately.