Getting Somewhere in Life | Teen Ink

Getting Somewhere in Life

March 24, 2015
By KSwag16 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
KSwag16 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -John Wooden


Hard work is a quality of a person that I have always admired about someone.  This quality of a person means so much to me because I love striving for greatness, and not settling for anything less than that.  John Wooden once said, “Don’t think that you can make up for it by working twice as hard tomorrow.  If you have it within your power to work twice as hard, why aren’t you doing it now?”  This quote really speaks to me because I think that everyone should give everything his or hers all every day.  Not only because it could possibly be the last time he or she gets to do that, but they should love it with all their heart.  Hard work is defined as a great deal of effort and endurance.  I strongly believe that everyone has to put their all and one hundred percent into everything they love so that they can get the outcome that they expect to get.  How does one expect to get the results they want and expect if they don’t put in the hard work that is necessary to excel at the hobbies he or she loves?  My experiences of work hard are in sports and school.  I have always had to work hard in sports to get where I am.  I put in countless hours in the gym and the weight room, which has definitely paid off for my teammates and me.  I am also extremely blessed to have people that care about how I do in sports, and school.  Sports are not everything in life and it is also important to work hard in school because that is what will help everyone for the rest of their life.  Long hours of studying and preparing for school will also help because how can someone want to be a doctor and not do their homework and projects to their full potential.  I guess what I am saying is that if everyone gives their one hundred percent than we can expect bigger and better opportunities from this great world of ours.