Don't Block Your Greatness | Teen Ink

Don't Block Your Greatness

January 18, 2015
By DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan
DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan
27 articles 2 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is an opportunity."
"Different is normal."
"We have to love ourselves, so we can properly love someone else."


I think it's a shame if you can't be yourself, with yourself.

I think you should be able to get up in the morning and see your face and smile, and enjoy your embrace, the good energy that you bring to yourself should be unlimited. We are all going to feel our own pain, and our own death and our own joy- so why not be more active in our own life? 

Selfishness is just as important as selflessness- we have to be selfish enough to look at ourselves and want to make ourselves better.

We have to stop floating around on a social pedestal, that is labeled "EVERYTHING YOU WANT ME TO BE" we need to be able to just stand up and jump ABOVE that pedestal and say "I AM SOMEONE I NEED, SOMEONE I WANT, SOMEONE THAT COULD HELP!"

 

If you can't say you have something to make this world better, you're covering your eyes. Don't block your greatness. 

Don't block your greatness.

Don't block your greatness.


The author's comments:

This is about being able to see what your great potential is, and not lying to yourself and saying that it doesn't exist. Because IT DOES! YOUR GREATNESS DOES EXIST!