The Internet - Index or Epilogue?

Conscience is the mother of all goodness in the world. Life is a long, wide, fast-flowing river with slippery stepping stones. Concentration, consciousness, and carefulness are the needs of the hour. There definitely are certain things in life that need careful verification and scrutiny before complete acceptance.

One such important factor is the Internet. A young, growing, and developing brain is like an absorbent sponge, ready to absorb anything and everything at first instant. An adult’s guidance on how to differentiate between what is good and not good, is like the manure to a sapling. A lot of personal information is being shared via the social networks, which is not necessary, and it reflects our whole selves to the whole world, like a mirror. The amount of information shared can be minimized, but why take a chance?

Secondly, the games dominate the growing minds, mainly with violence. Although it has been proved that the games are packed with demerits, they do have some advantages. Like, a child might get a feeling of accomplishment from the small goals which will trigger the spirit for winning. It even averts the mind from the depression over failures, and stimulates one to keep on trying till the end. The older people too benefit from the recommended fitness games, as their reflexes are sharpened even more, which makes them feel less senile and light at heart. The Superhero games are believed to end egoism amongst children. This ends not here. The altruism can pave way to astigmatism. Addiction, obsession, distraction and lassitude are some of the mentally paralyzing impacts. Being enthusiastic over the melodrama and manoeuvring skills of the young mind, the effects are not a matter of negligence.

Parents are concerned and worried about the merits and demerits, and their role in guidance is as essential as the directions is to a vessel at sea. It is not that Internet is too bad for words, but it is not the only hope all the same.

The Pyramids, the Great Wall of China, the Mighty Roman empire, the Colosseum, the Taj Mahal - the wonders of the world did never seek help from the Internet. The history makers like Abraham Lincoln, Socrates, Martin Luther King, and Karl Marx never knew of the Internet. Helen Keller rose up from what she was not because of any accomplishment in Internet games. People live up to the age of even 116 in Japan not because they get get involved in fitness games. Therefore, it is not a necessity after all.

Anyway, it already has become a necessity and cannot be altered now, or today, in the modern scientific world. “There is no pillow as soft as clear conscience”, as a French proverb states, conscience is the keyword for not only net-surfing, but also for anything in life. It only depends on what we choose!

Itsme24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 5:54 am:
It's very well written...!

AuthorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:38 am :
Thanks for your feedback!