Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

Meaning of Life

By lizsarah5240 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
lizsarah5240 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

"You always miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
-Wayne Gretzky

As we go through life, we struggle to find out exactly what life means.Our heart yearns to find someone, or something, to beat for. Our minds wander, in order to find something to live for. A quote that my brother always reiterates states, “The purpose of life is to give life purpose.” This quote signifies many things. The most important key words or phrases include: purpose, life and give.
Purpose, meaning the reason why something is done, or the aim or intention. Purpose can either be a motivation or a destination. Life is the ability to grow or change. Yet the definition of live, is significantly different. Live means to have life, or better yet, to have life with a purpose. Give. We hear this word tossed around, especially during the period of Christmas time. But what is the true meaning of give? To give means to make a present of, to grant or bestow.
Going back to the purpose topic, In some lives, purpose is never found and never sought. Those people never look beyond the material form. They want instant gratification, but when they don’t feel and know that the gratification is there, they instantly become upset. Some of these people, without a purpose in their life, may commit suicide. They lose their motivation, they never see past the clouds of obstacles and hard trials to the amazing reward at the end of fulfilling life’s purpose.