I Beleive... | Teen Ink

I Beleive...

March 27, 2014
By Mr.Warner BRONZE, Sumas, Washington
Mr.Warner BRONZE, Sumas, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
be good or be good at it.


You could have been a war hero. You could have been an alcoholic. You could have been the most popular kid in school. You could have been depressed. I believe that the past of someone’s life holds no value, but who they are today is what really matters. People change overtime and no matter who somebody was, they could be a completely different person and can show no resemblance of that person from the past.
There are people in this world who grow up in poverty with a family that is abusive. You could know them to be a depressed individual, but then they can start to stick up for themselves and choose to not let their surroundings affect who they are. They can become the most enjoyable person in your life because they made a choice to not let their past control that people see them for.
There are people in this world that fought in wars that have been declared as a war hero. People can begin to look up to these hero’s as their role models but after the time goes by, things begin to happen and they begin to hate all of the recognition and the stardom. They become bitter and paranoid to those around them and even though they have a glorious past, they become a burden. The ones around them start to judge them for who they have become instead of the great things they did in the past.
I believe that people do change over time and that you should not ever judge someone for who they were years ago. There are no good reasons to hold against someone for years upon years even if they are a different person than who they were. Everyone deserves a second chance. Everyone deserves a clean slate after a period of time. People live and learn and while everyone makes mistakes, they also deserve forgiveness.


The author's comments:
Some people probably won't agree with me, but this is my opinion and everyone can have their own opinion.