What motivates me | Teen Ink

What motivates me

What Drives Me

There are alot of things that motivate me in what i do everyday. the motivation to be the best i can be, the motivation to want to succeed. the want to impress and please my friends and loved ones around me. But its not about that. I feel like something drives you is something that you get from inside of you. Something that you may not know now, something that you can develop, something that you know from the day you were born.
One of my examples of something that drives me is my focus on “Today”. do what you can today to be the best that you can be in the future. something that you can control today not something happening in a year or two or even 2 weeks. For me throwing in track is a perfect example of this. For throwing you have to have a goal. Track is very record based, in fact your whole goals depend on how far you throw, run or jump, to try to beat that next record to try to beat what the person in front of you just did. Its all about goals and getting yourself to push your self that much farther to beat the person next to you. I feel that even though track is considered a individual sport that you are a team in the same sense. you are always trying to beat the thrower next to you to try to make it to the meet instead of them beating you. Something that drives me is because i throw with all boys they push me to try to throw as far as them. even though they are much stronger then me. It helps me to throw that out of my brain and try to just focus on the fact that they are throwing to and i need to beat them. Drive and motivation is a powerful tool in getting what you desire and want. Motivation can push you the furthest that you have ever gone which in turn may be able to help you and your team mates be motivated. you can become motivated through alot of different situations. Something that motivated me to get started throwing far in track is the record board. The record board is something that i have wanted to see my name on since i had starting throwing. it is a representation to me of all of the hard work that people have put in to be put on that wall. its a great way to be motivated when you walk in everyday and see that hanging on the wall, and imagine your name in place of theirs, leaving your mark on the school, being a representaion that you did that, you beat the person ahead of you, that you worked just as hard or even harder then the person that you just beat. Mainly i just want to say that being able to recognize your goals be able to set them and be able to see them out and you will be able to accomplish alot of really great things.