Inspire Yourself! | Teen Ink

Inspire Yourself!

February 13, 2014
By Seller_of_Purple SILVER, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Seller_of_Purple SILVER, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
8 articles 6 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Smile; it makes people wonder what you're thinking"


Do you ever feel like you're just sitting there, wasting your day, wasting your time? We read stories of heroes, explores, and adventurers. Why? Because we want to be like them. We want to be creative, bold, and brave. So what are we waiting for? Why do we sit, in boredom, waiting? It's not like Gandalf will arrive at your door with a mission, or the government call on you to save the world! Too often, we up just sit waiting for excitement and inspiration to just fall in our laps. But does it? Only rarely. The truth is, it's up to you to inspire yourself. Obviously, we get inspiration from books, movies,other people, etc. but there comes a point where you need to rely on yourself. Sometimes it takes walking outside, or doing something boring, to show you an adventure, a project that was just waiting for you to discover it! So stop waiting, stop wishing, and inspire yourself!


The author's comments:
I'm always waiting for an adventure to fall into my lap, and I'm realizing that I need to create my own!