Subconscious Alteration of Reality

Reality, as explained by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is a real or tangible experience, entity, or state of events. And yet, a tangible experience depends on what an individual is capable, or willing, to feel. Our mind works by its own process. We are not yet capable of understanding its workings entirely. What we do know, however, is that our minds have great control over our entire beings. Our brain sends messages throughout our body constantly; this makes it possible for us to function properly. But, what happens when our minds create such visions as those which are not there? Or, perhaps, those visions which can only be perceived by a few select individuals?

When our subconscious interferes with our true “reality” as it were, we are caught in a type of reality which is entirely our own. Our “laws” in what we call reality are bent, sculpted by our own thoughts into something that is not completely natural. The mass of everyday things which, in your natural state, would be perceived as solid is morphed and altered into an image which we cannot rightly explain. In one area, this is quite a common occurrence. Dreams are an example of altered reality.

In dreams, our minds are creating a reality of their own. In many dreams, reality is mimicked with such accuracy that we believe ourselves to be awake. In what we call daydreams, our thoughts do not loose themselves so fully in the altered reality. Now, when speaking of lucid dreams, we must first realize that in this state our conscious is in cahoots with our subconscious; our conscious convincing us that we are experiencing “reality” and our subconscious creating the altered reality. And, now you are in an altered state of reality, yet, you are still in control. Because your conscious is still active at this time, you may change your reality to what you desire; although, at the moment, you may not be in control of your emotions and/or desires. There have been cases of people who see altered realities constantly. Ad how is it that we define these as any less real? By definition, a reality must be a tangible turn of events, and –to that individual- it is. What an individual feels or sees might be a complete alteration of what we call reality. No human is capable of thinking the exact same way as another. Sanity is defined as good sense or soundness of judgment. Now, our judgment tells us that running in front of a car is unwise, dangerous; in an altered reality, this would not matter.

Our sanity is defined by a standard. This is a standard which is set by the “average human.” This is the human who defines our world, a person with no extraordinary qualities. The truth is, there is no “Average Joe” as some like to say. To each individual, the normal is different; what you would consider to be strange is tradition to others. Adding rings to your neck to make it longer seems strange to an American family, but, the Argentinean natives have their women wear these rings to elongate their necks. What some think to be normal is subjective, all in the eye of the beholder.

The belief in normal is up to each person to decide. Nothing is wrong with believing that your way is the natural way; same as there is nothing wrong with finding something eccentric. But our reality is our own. It is shaped by our beliefs, our thoughts, and our habits. No person thinks the exact way as another. War breaks out because two different leaders believe differently than the opponent. Adolf Hitler believed he was doing the world a great favor. He believed he was creating the perfect world; a world released from weakness. Our world is riddled with different realities, each belonging to a different person. You see, it is not a matter of sanity it is a matter of faith; trusting in, or believing in something which you cannot readily prove, or see. Those suffering from schizophrenia believe they are being watched, and they hear voices. We cannot hear them, but they can; to those people, the voices are real enough.

Nothing really is capable of being defined as normal, except for nature. The laws of science are probably the sturdiest. What goes up must come down; an object in motion tends to stay in motion, while an object at rest tends to stay at rest. When in lucid dreams, these laws may be morphed a bit, but not to the point of being unrecognizable. Your conscious will attempt to keep the laws as clear as possible, while your subconscious will strive for just the opposite. The form in which the laws present themselves depends on which part of your mind is in control; your conscious, or your subconscious. When the latter is in control, your version of the scientific laws is morphed dramatically. When your conscious is more powerful, the laws are only altered slightly.

So, now, do you not believe that reality is your subconscious’ own creation? What we believe in, who we know, what we understand, how we think; all of these are a factor in our reality. Our thoughts can change the world for us. Our realities are a collection of realizations that follow each other in a chain. No matter what others believe, you are in charge of your mind. And our world is simply a subconscious alteration of “reality.”

mutzi said...
Jan. 31 at 12:12 pm:
The Amazon river IS NOT IN ARGENTINA as any more or less accurate geography book will inform you.

mutzi said...
Jan. 27 at 1:14 pm:
Argentinian natives do not wear rings around their necks to elongate them. You probably referred to some AFRICAN tribes who indulge in this practice.

PlutoNevermoreThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 29 at 11:28 pm :
According to my fifth grade history book (I lived in Argentina) they do. There is a tribe on the upstream of the Amazon river that does, though not as many as the African tribes. Also, the rings they wear on their necks do not physically elongate them (as do the African rings) but merely make the neck seem longer. I apologise for not making this clear.

Jan. 31 at 10:58 pm :
I suppose you are referring to the spiral metal rings. However, I am referring to the metal necklaces, they are merely an illusion.