Feedback to "Screw 'What If'" by Josie Luetke | Teen Ink

Feedback to "Screw 'What If'" by Josie Luetke

By Joyce Xu SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Joyce Xu SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Josie Luetke’s poem, “Screw ‘What if,’” spoke to me and was able to inspire me. In this poem, Josie talks about the horrible events in the world and how we could easily do more exciting things without thinking, “what if”. This poem should motivate the society to drop the pessimistic attitude and have fun.

Josie wants us to be spontaneous and not take our life for granted by filling it with hatred. She writes that instead of thinking about war and violence and dance or love each other. I agree with her argument because the world we live in is infested with negativity. Many people only think about their job or school and forget that the world offers them opportunities to have fun. “What if we stopped throwing grenades ‘cause snowballs work equally well…” Josie writes. Josie’s poem also promotes people to step up and do things the way they want to. She wants the world to not think about the “what ifs” and just “do”.

Josie’s poem inspired me to take action and try saying yes, instead of doubting myself. Rather than looking at things in a negative light, I should try new things and be brave. I would like to thank her for writing this personal poem to teach our society a valuable lesson.