Deep Souls | Teen Ink

Deep Souls

November 22, 2013
By ksmiley8100 SILVER, Cashmere, Washington
ksmiley8100 SILVER, Cashmere, Washington
6 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Never let your fears decide your fate."


Some people have deep souls. I can’t really explain it. The only thing I can tell you is that it’s something that you have to feel. You probably have a deep soul yourself if you can recognize others with one. Most people you talk to aren’t too different from the next one you’ll talk to. There won’t be a spark and you won’t get that feeling. We tend to call these people “normal.”

But once in a great while, you will stumble across a different type of person. These are the kinds of people I was just talking about; the ones with deep souls. It’s in the way they talk and based on how they perceive the world, it’s in the way they think. They tend to stare into emptiness and see things in it that other people don’t see. They also tend to think about things, anything really, and come up with ideas that no one’s ever thought about before.

If you’re one of these people, you may find yourself frustrated with things easily. For example, people probably don’t understand you, and they probably won’t try to. You may find a lot of other people shallow or ditzy. You feel like everyone around you is content with their lives the way they are, and good for them! But you’re stuck in this hole, trying to get out. Trying to find your place in this world, and trying to learn and discover new things. But you can’t because you can’t be happy with your thinking and you want to know more about everything. It’s like even space and time aren’t big enough or long enough or vast enough to hold your thoughts.

So what do you do? If you consider yourself one of these people who feel like they can’t stay within the universe, what exactly do you do? I don’t know! I’m one of these people. I can think about things forever and never get bored of because I’ll just keep thinking about newer things, and newer things. It’s like I could be completely happy being unconscious of the world around me, and totally live inside my head. Kind of like dreaming, I guess. I could dream about possibilities and reasons and ideas forever, alone, and that would be fine. But that’s not possible, you can’t be alone forever in your head. You can’t find an end to this madness. Well, maybe some people can, but again, they are considered “normal” because their dreams can’t go as far as yours.
So what I guess I’m trying to conclude here is that some people are just made that way. Some people can just be happy with tying knots onto the ends of their strings so they don’t further unravel. But my question is, why can’t some people? Why do some people wonder so endlessly?


The author's comments:
I was just wondering.