Blank Canvas | Teen Ink

Blank Canvas

By Pewdslewis888 BRONZE, Sanford, Florida
Pewdslewis888 BRONZE, Sanford, Florida

"You are You that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is You-er than You"-Dr. Suess

If you can take a beautiful painting and make it an amazing painting your only half way there, but if you can take a blank canvas and turn it into a beautiful masterpiece then damn, you've crossed the finish line.
Be your own creation don't take a defined version of you and try to make it better, make your own version of yourself start out good and make it excellent.
Don't follow off of what people have started start your own and make people want to finish off of you.
"walk where the great men have walked", NO make your own trail of footsteps, there is no harm in following them for a decent amount of time, keep the company but sooner or later you have to stray off allow others to accompany you and watch them fade with their masterpieces.
Be your own Blank canvas, don't finish someone else'.

We watched a video in my Creative Writing class about famous quotes and we were supposed to pick one quote that we agreed or disagreed with and elaborate, the quote i picked was, "Walk where the great men have walked." I obviously disagreed and I wanted to share my disagreement with you guys.