Gravity | Teen Ink

Gravity

October 21, 2013
By SongBird14 GOLD, Austin, Texas
SongBird14 GOLD, Austin, Texas
11 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
It’s human nature to start taking things for granted again when danger isn’t banging loudly on the door.” – David Hackworth


“What is this feeling? “Vivid as a flame... does it have a name?” What do plays and movies have in common? They are a representation of life itself. Plays, some say are more flawed then there filmed cozens because one performance can never be performed the same as the other before it. Others refer to plays as being more alive. The film with thousands of takes can be referred to as the more flawless representation, is anything really flawless?

Today, October 17, 2013 (which could possibly be your tomorrow) I visited the theater….the movie theater. I went to see gravity 3D with a close friend. I felt so little and insignificant sitting in my seat gawking at a screen. Looking down on Earths surface through a digital lens. Everything was so spacious and quite. One breath could be herd, the breath of life. In 5 short minuets of the film beginning it became clear that breathing, the breath, was going to take its own special role on screen. Through watching, it became clear how fragile life is. How fast it can be suffocated how little to takes to be snuffed. Everything is so precious, like the large new eyes of a child. I hear so many say,” Surya, nothing is perfect, Life is filled with flaws” for once I disagree. This moment is perfect every beat every pulse every rise and fall of my diaphragm. A perfectly accurate scale balanced to the detail so accurately pieced together. Without a doubt, Perfection gives me life. I feel more alive seeing this. I feel more alive seeing people one screen and on the stage. It brings my little world into perspective.

This feeling Its bigger then me and somehow that’s comforting. I can be more alive every second just experiencing. Whether I’m going to see a production of Wicked or the movie Gravity. Or even just living my life; riding my youth testing my ambitions Defying Gravity. The theater, Film, and Life are not all to different. They are all expertly planed out. Whether they are a story enacted and brought to life on stage, a set of frames edited to perfection, or a catalogue of experiences encasing all things. Flawed or flawless you tell me.
So “What is this feeling?” “Vivid as a flame…does it have a name?”
One world comes to mind: Truth