Letter to an author | Teen Ink

Letter to an author

October 16, 2013
By Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Dear Lauren DestFano,

One year ago, my friend and I were browsing the Barnes and Noble near my house when a cover caught our eyes. We both immediately grabbed the book and started to read it, being captured into this Dystopian society where males die at 25 years old and females at 20.
As soon as I started reading, I couldn’t stop. I felt a personal connection with Rhine because she felt helpless at one time and so had I. When Rhine became a bride, she couldn’t do anything about it, but she continued to fight for her freedom. When I was reading Wither, I connected to Rhine when my grandpa was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I knew I couldn’t do anything about it but I kept him remembering all the memories we had. I finished the book within a week, and was excited to hear that the second book was coming out soon! When the next book, Sever,came out I nearly ran to the Barnes and Noble and bought it. When Rhine meets up with her brother, I had felt an instant connection because when I saw my cousin after not seeing her in four years, I felt the same way that Rhine had. These books were so well written I had to recommend them to anyone who liked to read! I wanted to say thank you for making this trilogy. you are an amazing writer.
Thank you,
Nicole