Journey of Life | Teen Ink

Journey of Life

By bunnyeatingcookies BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
bunnyeatingcookies BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey

You may know me...but you have no idea who I am.

Escape. Hide. Fear. Hate. Hurt. Loss.
The fierce pounding of the teenage heart. The thorns that stab us as we walk. The thin sheet of ice I stand on, that's life. Ice is what we stand on. It's what I stand on. Underneath the ice is an ominous void of pure black. It stretches on, further than what the human eye can see. That's why we're so scared to fall. The transparent ice, under my feet, cracks ever so slightly with an unbalanced step. I stand, panicking. Another misplaced step, and the ice will shatter. I don't want to move forward. I don't want. I don't want to. I don't want to.
Some people are alone on the ice. Deserted, left alone, lost. Too scared to take another step. But they have to. That's how life works. Even when you don't move, life moves on; and eventually, you have to too. The ones that are abandoned crumple to the ground. All around is this thin sheet of ice. There is no goal anywhere. No reason to live. Crashing to the ground. Plunging through the darkness out of their own choice. That's what's called suicide.
Other people are with others. They hold each other up. When the ice cracks, they make sure the other doesn't plunge into the infinite darkness. They move on together, and the ice doesn't seem so foreboding. The ice thickens. There's sunshine. There's a goal. There's a reason to live. That's what's called friendship.
To all those who are stranded on the ice by yourself, don't give up. Continue this dangerous trek of life. Eventually, you will find a friend. You will hold each other up against the wind. Don't crumple underneath the temptation of suicide. You are perfect just the way you are. Maybe you can help others once you help yourself. Strengthen the ones that need help, and support the ones that need support.
I'm dedicating this to all of my suicidal friends. Don't be scared to fall. I will be there to catch you. I will be there to support you. I will be there to save you. I love you, and without you, I would already have fallen through the vast darkness.
Love. Life. Grow. Nurture. Smile.

Something I wrote for my friends :3 please take it seriously, I really mean it.