Preparing for College

Preparing for College

Fall semester: school starts, mass amounts of homework are handed out and expected back the next day, tests are scheduled, clubs meetings commence, and sports can keep you late at school for hours. This means hours slaving over texts books, researching projects, practicing instruments, and making sure our punt is perfect.

But wait what about everything else we seniors need to do to ensure our futures at the college of our dreams?
In the midst of all other work we have to find time to visit colleges, study for and ace our SAT’s and SAT II's ACT's and all those other 'T's. Plus we have to butter up our teachers for some awesome recommendation letters, and on top of all that, write all the supplements essays each school requires.

In case you were wondering, it’s not easy and it’s definitely not nearly as fun as it sounds. (To most of us, it doesn’t even sound fun.)

So moms, dads, families, all we’re asking is to just cut us a little extra slack. With all the stressing and worrying we have to do, we need some time to get together with our friends and unwind. We promise we’ll get to the laundry and the vacuuming; we just need a little extra time.

Liz said...
Oct. 15, 2008 at 2:15 am
I like it. =]