How Education Will Solve All Our Problems

We are currently living on a very troubled planet. Violence, injustice, poverty, starvation, and many, many other problems pose a threat to peace and safety to everyone in the world. The truth is, however, that all of our problems can be solved by a relatively simple solution: Education. If we invest in a new type of education that is personalized, specialized, and critical thinking-dependent, we can solve 100% of the Earth’s problems. Imagine this: rather than investing an unimaginable amount of money on wars and useless conflicts, why don’t we just build schools? The difference between those scenarios cannot be comprehended. On one end, we are killing other human beings! Their hearts do not beat anymore. Their friends and family cannot see them anymore. Those people killed in war cease to exist- whether or not they believe in our ideals. With that in mind, imagine what education can do! It will allow a whole generation, a whole new breed of human beings to solve all their problems.
What is the real difference between human beings and other animals? We are intelligent. We have the ability to learn and understand the world around us. Often, scientists have wondered why the human race has not evolved as rapidly as it did about 50,000 years ago. The simple answer here is lack of education. I believe that as soon as our rate of increasing our knowledge fell, so did the rate of our evolution. What if, instead of sending drones to areas troubled by terrorism in the world, we invested in education there and built schools? If we carry a message of peace and knowledge, terrorism will be eliminated completely. The issue here, though, is that the education needs to be the right kind.
I personally believe that our education system has some major flaws. It is too uniform. It follows the ideals of the “One size fits all” theory. Well, to be honest, I don’t think that Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela, and Gandhi wore the same size as the regular Joe-Schmo. Extraordinary people are extraordinary because of their critical thinking. They had the ability to ask ‘why?’. My dad, an artist, told me once that the reason why art and science have progressed and evolved over time as compared to religion is that they were based off of asking ‘why?’. Art and science depend on asking questions. Religion on the other, hand does not. In the early stages of many religions, there used to be institutions that would allow free discussion, reflection, and debate over religion. Religion now, on the other hand, tends to be run by institutions that are absolute, and do not want us to ask questions. Over time, these institutions have been exposed for their corruption and other issues, but at the end of the day, no one was able to emphasize it as much as art and science. So how does this have to do with gaining knowledge and solving problems? The point here is that asking questions and thinking differently is how humans gain knowledge. If our education systems were based off of critical thinking, asking questions, and art and science, our capacity to learn would be maximized, and perhaps we may evolve more! Through this piece of writing, I want to make it very clear that I do not mean to discourage or speak negatively of any religion, but rather to show that science and art should run our education system. Even I have a religion, and for me, a balance of all three works out pretty well!
When the context of the solution is taken out of education, the idea of education becomes completely useless… At this point, the problem is taken out of the equation and is never solved. By asking the correct questions in our critical thinking and education system, the solution cannot be avoided. So if you recommend my article for some friends to read and they ask ‘why?’, please do not get angry at them.