Thoughts on the world | Teen Ink

Thoughts on the world

By Xx_silentechoes_xX PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
Xx_silentechoes_xX PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

Forget the Past. Live in the Moment. Dream about the Future.

What do you call the people you affiliate with but don’t actually know anything about? Friend is definitely not the accurate description for it… Neither is enemy. You can sit around and waste hours and hours just hanging out, doing nothing more than taking turns talking. The thing about moments like this is that they’re purely just wasted time. Living. What is living? Is it getting drunk and dancing? Is it saying “forget the world" and doing your own thing? Or is it that desperate search for your other half? Maybe it depends on the person… Destiny is a real thing… Is it not? Then why do we sit here… Constantly wishing for something else? We spend our childhood wanting to grow up… And we spend our adult years yearning to be a child again… When, in reality, shouldn’t you just be happy within the moment? Nobody lives forever… And, sadly, nobody loves forever either. Sometimes it’s nothing but a temporary fascination… Other times you just seem to outgrow the things that you once loved. Where is the satisfaction in life? Where is the moment in which you realize that you’re actually doing something worth living? Some people spend lifetimes doing absolutely nothing. Where’s the ambition-the drive, the crave- for something more? Whatever happened to all the people who wanted to live to leave behind a legacy?