Eat A Lot. | Teen Ink

Eat A Lot.

By krrishkothari BRONZE, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Other
krrishkothari BRONZE, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Other

CHOCOLATE PANCAKES TOPPED WITH NUTELLA AND WHIPPED CREAM SOAKED IN MAPLE SYRUP AND TOPPED WITH STRAWBERRIES.

Now that I've got some of you drooling I hope you read the rest of the article.

Food.

Food is a gracious gift and an eternal blessing from God upon which we all depend. I feel that the art of savouring is really important. As the old saying goes, “you are what you eat”. I regard this not only as a saying but also as a lesson in life. If we learn to indulge and revel in the food we are eating then there is a lot that can be learnt. What I noticed was that the taste of our food acts as a pathetic fallacy. We can reflect our emotions, our mood, and our ability to affect someone, through the food that we eat. And that for me is a vital component that is needed in today’s society. The beauty of food for me is that it has the ability to digest all of my sorrows.

Happiness.

I feel that for society to truly progress we need to eliminate all elements of sadness, such that bilateral peace talks actually work, people cooperate and our future looks brighter than the ugly present. However crazy it may seem but I believe that food has the ability of spreading cheer and joy across societies, cultures and races. Food does have the ability but only those who eat it can justify this ability. Over the years I guess I have managed to obtain this unique ability that food gives us. Of course by eating a lot that is. Cheering people up around me makes me happy and I believe every one of us can do so.

So moral of the story?
Eat a lot.

This article links my love for food with my opinion on how there is a real possibility that eating can change the world. A change that will lead to a brighter future, something that will motivate us to work towards it and absolutely not mind doing it.

Eat.

Uravesh said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 8:16 am
An article by a big time Foodie :P.. But Nice one!!!

Pree1104 said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 6:12 am
Dear Foodie, Nice Article... keep writing. THE ONLY FOOD THAT NEVER GOES UP IN PRICE IS FOOD FOR THOUGHT.