Let's Start a New Trend

Let's start some new trends on teen ink. First, I feel that we should all try to rate and comment whenever we read something. I mean really, we're all aspiring artists, writers, poets, and whack jobs here. Let's support one another. It's not that hard to drop a few kind words and some advice when you've finished reading something. Say what you like, say what the author could work on in the future. Really it's not that hard, I promise.
Second, why is everything around here so depressing? Yes, I know I'm being a hypocrite right now (my work gets rather dark at times), but I think this world is already bleak enough. Can we please have a little mirth?! Especially you non-fiction writers. I know many of you are trying to blow off steam and yes, you present your problems in a beautiful and entertaining fashion however most of the articles I've read didn't have happy endings--I'm not saying life always does! I guess what I mean to say is that I feel you should wait until you've overcome said problems. It's not exactly happy endings but still those trials make you stronger and tales of heroes who get throat punched by life but are still breathing and have lived to kick butt and take names are uplifting. If you wait long enough it will all turn out in the end. I'm not saying you shouldn't write these things I'm saying you should set them aside for later and when your trial is through pick them back up and look at them once more. As for you fiction writers (I am one of you), many of you are trying to blow off steam to. But you're the B.S.-ers. You have the power to make people smile. I know as children we all wanted to hear fairy tales without happy endings just to see what they were like and now we are writing tales without happy endings. (I do this too.) But you have the power to make someones day. We can empower people and make them feel unstop able if we write relate able tales of heroes and heroins over coming their life's challenges. You don't have to write realistic fiction to do that. All of you, think of the problems you expose in your writings as a forest fire. The fires consume all and leave the beautiful woods as ugly ashes, but the forest does not stay this way. No, long dormate sprouts come out of the dust because that underbrush is no longer standing in their way. I don't know about you but I'd very much like to hear stories like that.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

TimexxFlies said...
Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:45 am:
I've always felt this way too. glad you shared this. :)