Writers Block | Teen Ink

Writers Block

May 20, 2013
By AlFonzy1013 SILVER, Mundelein, Illinois
AlFonzy1013 SILVER, Mundelein, Illinois
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What do writers do when they don’t know what to write? Well first they just act like they don’t have writers block and then just carry on with other tasks. The main reason why writers even have writers block is just because they are over thinking it if you put it into perspective after hours finally admiring your piece of (Remembers others will be reading this.) lovely art. Once writers have nothing else to do, they finally admit that they suck at coming up with ideas.
Writer: Hi my name is Al.
Everyone else that is better than Alan: Hi Al!
Writer: and I have writers block but you can all go and-
Everyone else: Actually write something? Sure! Because we would never be caught dead reading any of your “material.”
Once they finally think of an idea they run it to the ground with how to make it perfect or what they can add on.
Well first off they out down there question so they can have at least one sentence to make it seem like they are at least trying. Then they do that whole thing with indents and 13 sized font (with Arial Black of course) to try and make it look bigger than it actually is. Then we take our lovely idea and start to write the introduction. Once we get to the middle we have that writers block again because either we don’t want to write anymore on it or just ran out of mind power to do it.
Here is an Example:
A Swan spots a Monkey from a far and for an unknown reason, still even to this day, they begin to dance. The Swan and the Monkey were graceful as can be with one another. Joining their arms like a barrel of monkeys and looking in each others eyes until the sun sets. (Etc.)

Then killing one another with grace and no remorse.
It’s that easy to do but after a while you just lose interest.
Alright so once a writer has admitted to his own defeat. He either does anything that isn’t writing related. The following probably occur: going on a walk, going to McDonalds, or even visiting the local library and then forgetting that you shouldn’t have. After you reach that area or point of realizing that you want to write again; you go back to the drawing board.
Write, write, write more, then burn it, then write again, then again, that’s good. Publish what you wrote. Go have a lovely chat with everyone else.

Writer: Hello every else that thought they we’re better than me.

Everyone Else That Thought They Were Better Than The Writer: Hello.
Writer: Yeah continue having that thought of “Oh I’m better than him, daha haha!” because now I have WRITTEN SOMETHING AND I AM IMPOSSIBLE TO BE STOPPED AND IF YOU HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS YOU MAY ADRESS THEM TO MY HUNGRY MONKEY AND SWAN THAT I BOUGHT WITH THE MONEY FROM THE BOOK. Then I shall dance!

Everyone Else: Oh my…


For some writers, writing makes writers wanna get up in the morning. As for our more lovely writers we can still write just as fabulous as them, but sometimes we wake up right away and want to write… sometimes we wanna kill -- with no remorse -- the descendant of the guy who invented the alphabet… or even just burn all the books in that library, specifically the one the writer went to. After all, we go through all the following: having editors read your work, critiques take you work down like their social status, and having your stuff not receive all the recognition that it deserves. (Or at least what we thought it would.) The reason why us writers have writers block is because we doubt ourselves sometimes. I know hard to believe but we write anyway to just entertain ourselves and others get to too. So we hunker down, take a pencil or our fingers and have you try and forget about our crappy lives with other stuff. (In this one it is specifically why our lives suck.) Besides the only reason I’m writing this is because it’s really easy to write about what you cant. Coming Soon: My version of 50 Shades of Gray! Also if you are a part of the “Everyone Else” scene… you just read my work.


The author's comments:
Wanted to write about what I couldn't for the lolz.