Icebergs | Teen Ink

Icebergs

By BriannaKnowsBest BRONZE, Oregon, Oregon
BriannaKnowsBest BRONZE, Oregon, Oregon

The night is coming and it whispers softly to me, "Come and Play"

When I think of a friend I think of someone who wants something FROM you, not FOR you. Friends are icebergs; slowly they melt until they finally break apart and leave you. I’m done with icebergs, I want to have someone solid in my life, whether its friends or more. The funny thing about this world, is its an arctic ocean, and its full of icebergs. Not one person in this twisted world is solid. There is no land to escape drowning on. No trees to keep you aloft. The whispers through the icebergs are cold and stab through me with every move. The breeze like knives in my gut. The bergs seem to find someone to latch onto and when they do or don’t find what they want, they break off and leave me with a little less each time until I have nothing left, nothing to hold onto, nothing to keep me loft. Then a few more will latch on and take another piece of me when they go. Never looking back, staying carefully out of my way. But sometimes, I don’t mind when they stay out of my way, then, I don’t remember them, and I have nothing to cry over anymore. But I do miss some of them. Some.

I was just wondering, how many of us feel this way? This is a spur of the moment thing and i was hoping to find out how often, teenagers feel this way. Please, if you can relate, post a comment with your feelings.